EU Gets SE One Reissue?!?!

Yep. This was mentioned in the other "new releases" thread, but probably deserves a thread of its own.

I do wonder why the EU+UK (pronounced "eee-yuke", I declare) gets these limited runs - wouldn't it be more cost effective to do a bigger run and include the US market? Or does PRS wish to leverage the higher price range of the EU-UK for limited runs and not dilute that with the lower costs expected in the US? And/or it would cannibalize existing sales trends in the US?

I owned one of the special run models with birds and binding. Unfortunately what gets classified as "Wide-Fat" nowadays doesn't equate. I gave it to the other guitarist in our band.

Yep. This was mentioned in the other "new releases" thread, but probably deserves a thread of its own.

I do wonder why the EU+UK (pronounced "eee-yuke", I declare) gets these limited runs - wouldn't it be more cost effective to do a bigger run and include the US market? Or does PRS wish to leverage the higher price range of the EU-UK for limited runs and not dilute that with the lower costs expected in the US? And/or it would cannibalize existing sales trends in the US?
They can do a shorter run, and test market models in the EU. IE- the Chris Robinson, SE custom 24 maple, and now the SE one. If it’s not a success, they don’t have to let them go at a discounted price because there won’t be extras. Standard marketing technique.

Back