ELECTION TIME! (DGT Fan Club)

Who shall be the President of the DGT Fan Club until the next election (Nov 2016)?

• BostonGuitar (Pres) & Mike Duncan (VP)

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • Harker1440 (Pres) & Twinfan (VP)

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • aristotle (Pres) & rugerpc (VP)

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would just like to point out that the current Prez does not appreciate the DGT in it's true form - he always feels the need to modify them in some way, be that with pickups or "decorative appointments".

Vote Harker/Twinfan - the purists choice.

The current administration has NO NEW IDEAS, and is completely removed from the concerns of the people.

Harker and Twinfan are both different sides of the same bad penny. They are appologists with regards to the DGT and have even suggested that changing pickups is enough to disqualify a guitar from being considered a DGT in a recent thread!!!

It's been a busy night. The incumbent Dictator/Aristocrat Party and the Evil Empire Eriza Green Party are unraveling before our very eyes. Let's have a look in their own words...

Harker for Emperor of DGT Land 2012

I'm in for your Assistant Emperor - you've got the maple top covered with your pre-production '07, I've got the latest and greatest in a '12 Standard (and Iused to own an '08 Goldie) :beer:

OK Its Official Then !!
I Now annouce the canidates for the Eriza Green Party

Harker / Twinfan 2012

With my previous cabinet experience and Old Gold's support and Twin's international connections and PS ties I feel that we can reach a broader more WORLDWIDE audience and consolidate the base and push for a Limited Run Piezo Equipped DGT- The Ultimate Gig Ready Guitar !!!!

I also want to annouce that if elected CRGTR will be the Sec of Social Media for my campaign

Thus was born the Empire aspiring Eriza Green Party in a beer-soaked meeting between the two power-mad candidates. The inclusion of CRGTR as Secretary of Social Media will come back to haunt them later as a clear rift appears.

And the incumbents fare no better. The snobbery from the top continues with veiled threats of violence and an admission of a bit of instability:

Uhhh... no... One has to be born with a Goldtop/Darkback DGT to be considered... :biggrin:

I like to think of myself as the Benevolent Vice-Dictator of the DGT Aristocracy.

I'm also terrifyingly and disturbingly armed to the teeth and slightly off balance...

It seems that my initial early assessment of the incumbents was spot on. They intend to continue their despotic rule by fiat from above with no voice for the people they supposedly represent or claim to 'lead'. The VP in particular seems to be missing an oar as evidenced by his viking-capped mugshot. Also released by the campaign was a photo of the VP aiming a gun at a photographer...

For the record....that photo was taken without my knowledge and yes, it's true, there is no magazine in that weapon. Strictly getting a feel for the collapsible stock. No one was harmed during that photo op.

So, we are to believe that the VP was NOT assaulting the media for some recent bad press and that he knew that his weapon was not loaded. The aristotle/rugerpc ticket fully supports gun ownership for sane members, but strongly condemns horseplay with firearms. My own photos of responsible firearm use are proof enough.

Here it seems as though Rugerpc is making a declaration that the Aristotle/Rugerpc campaign are running on the premise that they are members of the far-right Ten(top) Party. The Ten Party is known to throw around the second amendment of Paul's "Rules for Tone" whenever they are threatened, so todays posting should really come as no surprise to savvy voters.

True to form, the Manic-Stream Media has painted yet another inaccurate picture of the aristotle/rugerpc team. While we take Paul's Rules for Tone as de rigueur, we are not the ultra-right Ten Top Party. We stand slightly right of center (far to the right of the ultra-liberal ruling class Clumerment from the top incumbents), firmly by and for the people in the Equal Temperament Party. As we are all aware, the Equal Temperament party is a consensus party seeking not just bi-partisan, but multi-partisan agreement in all matters, especially with regards to the rights of adjacent members. DGT club members can expect under our leadership equal opportunities, rights and freedoms. No Aristoctaric Dictatorship or Power-Hungry Empire can even begin to provide the same egalitarian, multi-partisan treatment.

On a related note:

I would just like to point out that the current Prez does not appreciate the DGT in it's true form - he always feels the need to modify them in some way, be that with pickups or "decorative appointments".

Vote Harker/Twinfan - the purists choice.

Purity is all in the world of the DGT...

Purity be damned! I want the same rights as Dr Frankenstein!

The irony of it all. The Eriza Green party's proposed Secretary of Social media has been publicly ostracized by the VP candidate. Earlier in the campaign, aristotle mistakenly identified CRGTR as a 'fancy pants'. We dearly and sincerely regret this appellation. In defense of my running mate, he was mislead by CRGTR's past close association with Harker. But this seems to be all in the past now:

you got something for me Dr?

Here we have clear evidence of Harker seeking a bribe, a pay for play, from the beleaguered CRGTR. We have a message for him. CRGTR's extensive mods to his DGT are in no way upsetting to the aristotle/rugerpc ticket. We welcome him with unjudging open arms. We won't attempt to buy his support as the Eriza Green Party is attempting, it is enough to know that he is accepted for who he is.

More from the Manic-Stream Media:

Translation: 47% of you feel entitled to a DGT.
I read mention of being more adept to serve because of close proximity to the factory, but I don't want to go there. "We can see Stevensville across the bay!"

No mention of a DGT SE, to busy to talk policy, just talk of airplanes, and he's probably flying posh business class too... the "People's Party" platform is over.

I have to say that I do really like some aspects of this team though, their self-assuredness cannot be denied, and if they can focus on a concise running platform, they have the image that it takes to go all the way, I just hope the DGT ownership question will not be brought up anymore.

Further inaccurate dissembling! the Equal Temperament Party does say "a DGT in every home", but not through big Cluberment as our 5 step plan illustrates. We don't feel that 47% feel entitled to a DGT, we recognize that 100% deserve a path to DGT. The media seeks to paint us as anti-welfare when there isn't any welfare in the DGT club to begin with! The only welfare we see is the 5 martini lunches the Manic-Stream Media reporter takes on his company's dime....

And the recent trip taken by aristotle is misrepresented as well. Now that he is back, we can reveal that aristotle took a red-eye coach flight to the far east PRS factory on a fact finding mission to explore the possibilities of an SE DGT. You see! We were there LONG before the Eriza Green Party. We are currently searching our organization for the leak that clued in the opposition.

The aristotle/rugerpc ticket from the Equal Temperament party has consistently given your information as to our plans. The other candidates can only seem to snipe from the edges and attempt to steal our platform planks. I'll summarize.

New models:
aristotle/rugerpc promise a PDGT during our term - unless we just can't make it happen....
even a PDG...
a DGDGBD DGT tuned and optimized that way from the factory....
a DGT7...
a SE DGT

aristotle/rugerpc giving you options - not the same ole same ole

Our simple 5 step plan to help everyone reach the goal of a DGT in every home.
1. Get a job
2. Earn a few kilobucks
3. Order a DGT
4. Pay for your DGT
5. Enjoy your DGT.

aristotle/rugerpc we can't just see the factory from here, it's like our second homes.

Last edited:
Purity? What is more pure than tone? Did purity stop DGh from wanting to take a PRS Standard to a McCarty? Or did purity stop DGh from taking a McTrem to a DGT, with a darkback on a goldtop? Should the quest for tone and innovation be halted in the name of purity? I have a 57/08 TREBLE pickup in the neck of my first DGT because it sounds better in THAT wood. I have appointment changes here and there to OWN my DGTi. And for all those calling me an elitist, I find it amusing that you look through your flametop glasses at my OPAQUE topped DGTi as elitist. Mike and I are workingman's DGTers. Purists in the sense of the DGT as a tool to achieve magic through music. The DGT is something that history will show as a modern classic, as revered as the hallowed hero guitars of the 50's. Mike and I understand this, and it is not about a flametop. A DGT for every guitarist's hands? Ambitious as putting a laptop/tablet in every child's hands. But we are A LOT closer than we were to that goal than we were 4 years ago. 4 more years of the Kevin/Mike ticket will show the same progress for the DGT we are all here to support and cherish.

I'm Kevin Prefontaine and I approve of this message.

No, the quest for tone should not be halted in the name of purity. But you are not running for President of Tone, you are running to represent the DGT model. Currently, you appear to be running to represent your own personal DGT(s) on some foolhardy quest for YOUR TONE? I would suggest that limits and alienates your elecorate somewhat.

Vote Harker/Twinfan, vote for DGT purity.

While the Dictator party and the Empire party argue over who's guitar has larger cajones, we at the Equal Temperament Party welcome everyone who yearns for a DGT of any stripe - old, new, factory fresh or modified almost beyond recognition. We represent you, the oppressed masses.

aristotle/rugerpc - so unassuming we don't even capitalize our names

Last edited:
Tell me again what the DGT club Presidency has to do with "Wheel of Fortune" slots?

DGTPresidentialad.jpg

While the other candidates make glitzy promo videos and web pages, the aristotle/rugerpc team is busy working on new options for the masses.

aristotle's recent trip to SE land yielded this concept: an SE PDGT7:

SEPDGT7.jpg

while it may be some time before the guitar even gets to pre-production, we are still hard at work for you and working for more DGT choices.

the aristotle/rugerpc team is busy SMOKING HOMEGROWN.

aristotle's recent trip to STONER land yielded this PIPE DREAM: an SE PDGT7:

SEPDGT7.jpg

while it may be NEVER before the guitar even gets to pre-production.

And I'm called an elitist If I were to get a DGT into the SE Line it would be an Original ALL KILLER NO FILLER DGT, not a 7 string monstrosity with a piezo that would only appeal to 1% not the 99% that My Party wishes to represent

Please note that Harker has deliberately and unabashedly misquoted me. Please see MY post for my true words. There is a lot of sour grapes in his post...

The SE PDGT7 is just ONE of the many new models we are exploring. Harker conveniently omits that we also proposed a stark dead-nuts accurate SE version of the DGT. We are about choices, not telling YOU what YOU want.

We are also hoping to work with DGh on all of our design proposals as we are cognisant that he must have the final say and we eagerly seek his input. No model will ever make it to production with the approval of both PRSh and DGh and we offer them our full cooperation.

We are understandably eager, therefore, to get their reactions to the models outlined above as well as the SE PDGT7 and these two mockups:

The DG Rosewood

dgrw.jpg

and the revolutionary DG Rosewood 6: featuring a volume pot for each individual string:

dg6rw.jpg

aristotle/rugerpc the Equal Temperament Party for choice and options

Last edited:
Look ruger instead of telling us how or why you would change a perfectly good guitar why don't you go buy borrow rent a dgt and post some video of you playing it. You can't join or lead the club and not own a DGT. Don't want to own one fine then start an appreciation society for the dgt and you can lead that. Sorry but Membership has its Perks

Look ruger instead of telling us how or why you would change a perfectly good guitar why don't you go buy borrow rent a dgt and post some video of you playing it. You can't join or lead the club and not own a DGT. Don't want to own one fine then start an appreciation society for the dgt and you can lead that. Sorry but Membership has its Perks

This is exactly the exclusionary, elitist, Emperor wannabe nonsense that got aristotle and me into the race in the first place.

Harker's reasoning is just as flawed as saying that a man cannot work for the benefit of women. Preposterous!

You see that Harker will smirk and challenge you if you don't yet own a DGT. It is not enough to love them and be in the middle of the aristotle/rugerpc 5 step plan to ownership (currently working on step 2). No, you have to prove ownership before you get access to the secret handshake.

Well, sir, we and the rest of the people call "TURKEY" - er, I mean "FOWL!"

Harker also misrepresents our platform. We are not about changing 'a perfectly good guitar', we see the current DGT staying in the production lie for as long as DGh and PRSh say it should. But we are realists. People want options.

I'll cite YOUR OWN PARTY as evidence that things should not be stagnant. The current color options for a stock DGT are:
Antique White
Black
Goldtop
PRS Tobacco Sunburst
Solana Burst
Sunset Burst

Notice anything missing Mr. Representative of the Eriza Green Party?? HUH? You would deny your own party its signature color??

News Flash - it's about options. You SAY you want a SE version, but under your 'rule' there would be even fewer color options in that line. Any of the Eriza Green Party faithful would have to go to PS or PTC to get their signature color. Just how does THAT jive with wanting to give an inexpensive option to the masses? Your platform is thus revealed as an elitist sham. You, sir, care not for the yearning masses.

Like it or not, the Equal Temperament Party is the voice and hopes of the people.

Last edited:
Back