ELECTION TIME! (DGT Fan Club)

Who shall be the President of the DGT Fan Club until the next election (Nov 2016)?

• BostonGuitar (Pres) & Mike Duncan (VP)

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • Harker1440 (Pres) & Twinfan (VP)

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • aristotle (Pres) & rugerpc (VP)

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I accept - on one condition, I want Albrecht Smuten for my Chief of Staff.

(ahem... ignore my previous post) I take the job. After all, I'm the one playing the camo Korg X50.

Korg_X50_Camouflage.jpg

Where is the courage and spirt in democracy? Don't all of you DGT owners know that it is a forum given right to run for President? What would you say to the less fortunate among you that by birthright or finance are unable to compete for President, what kind of message does that send the SE, Mira, and CE owners about the importance and validity of your hierarchy??

Winning unopposed would be an empty victory for Kevin, it might make him feel like the title is of limited importance which could in turn negatively effect the performance of his duties, and the DGT Fan Club could lose all it has fought so hard on the internet for.

Ask yourself what it means to not participate in advancement.
What if David just stuck with a PRS Standard 24 gold-top, where would the development of the PRS line be?

"The test of leadership is not to put greatness into humanity, but to elicit it, for the greatness is already there."
James Buchanan-15th President of the United States and true inspiration of the SD JB Hum-Bucher.

^^^Brilliant^^^

Where's the mud slinging??!! Unless it has been replaced with stripper jello wrestling, then I approve THAT message. :cool:

Mudslinging can be found in aisle 8, in the "Woodstock '94" section...

Why, I ask, why must one own a DGT to be considered for club president or VP?? HUH? Huh??

I don't have a DGT of any flavor and don't see one in my future, at least for the coming 'term'. I DO have a nice McRosy which is an ancestor of the DGT - but I don't want to pander here as I see the incumbent(s) doing...

I won't even mention that I was the first one to offer a helpful post in this thread dealing with DGh and that the current prez is conspicuously absent and that the VP only weighed in at post #12... No, I wouldn't mention THAT.

So, is this like real politics where you have to be born with a silver DGT in your mouth to even be considered?? HUH? Is it?

Uhhh... no... One has to be born with a Goldtop/Darkback DGT to be considered... :biggrin:

We deserver better than to be represented by some oligarchy dedicated to maintaining the status quo. I therefore announce my candidacy.

I have lots of BIG IDEAS for BIG CHANGE.

For starters, DGT has too many letters for many in our electorate who aren't the best at spelling. Let's all agree that we need to remove the "T" from DGT....

dgt-ga40-1.jpg

I'd also like to announce my intent to nominate rugerpc as my running mate. I like the cut of his jib, and it's maverick ideas like his that will shake things up....

Private Stock DGs earns you a seat at the table... Not sure about your running mate... Perhaps "DG" can henceforth be known as "Dave's Guitar". Moreover, I would like to maybe rename it to "DGG" for "Dave Grissom's Guitar". We can call it "DiG"... :beer:

Ok I'm in for the fun of it

Harker for Emperor of DGT Land 2012

Emperor? You would have to take the club by hostile takeover/coup to accomplish that title... :box:

Uhhh... no... One has to be born with a Goldtop/Darkback DGT to be considered... :biggrin:

You see what I'm on about?!?

The nerve. The belittling. The class warfare. The aristocracy!

Gotta put down the little guy just 'cause I ain't got no DGT...

And look who's making the rules... the sitting Prez sayin' ya gotta have this or that - methinks he's just Gerrymandering to protect his cushy seat.

Are we gonna settle for this people? Rule and dictum by fiat from the 'haves'? What about us 'have-nots'?

Aristotle.rugerpc for the rest of us.!
Down with the smirking dismissers!
Up with the proletariat!
Power (and DGTs) to the people!

Last edited:
I'm waiting to see if there is a candidate with some BOLD idea's out there like

A PDTG model in someone's platform....

Everything's better with Pie! (zo)

aristotle/rugerpc promise a PDGT during our term - unless we just can't make it happen....

Maybe even a PDG...

or even a DGDGBD DGT tuned and optimized that way from the factory....

and for themike, a DGT7. Plug THAT into your wish list!

aristotle/rugerpc giving you options - not the same ole same ole

Last edited:
Just a quick note to say "Thank You" to everyone for keeping this thread on the fun side of the line.

Anyone else? You have a little over 24 more hours to announce your candidacy.

aristotle/rugerpc promise a PDGT during our term - unless we just can't make it happen....

Maybe even a PDG...

or even a DGDGBD DGT tuned and optimized that way from the factory....

and for themike, a DGT7. Plug THAT into your wish list!

aristotle/rugerpc giving you options - not the same ole same ole

I am aristotle, and I approve this message...

I'm waiting to see if there is a candidate with some BOLD idea's out there like

A PDTG model in someone's platform....

Everything's better with Pie! (zo)
I could show you that of which you ask but first I need to be elected
For the record its Very Cool!!! ;)

Lest someone say it ain't so, here is my McRosie - a proud ancestor to the DGT...

McRW1.jpg

McRW2.jpg

'cause, without the McCarty, there would be no DGT...

Lest someone say it ain't so, here is my McRosie - a proud ancestor to the DGT...

McRW1.jpg

McRW2.jpg

'cause, without the McCarty, there would be no DGT...

I have had a McCarty or McCarty derrivative guitar in my hands since 1995. You, Mr Quayle, are no McCarty player...

Well it seems we have a race brewing ladies and gentlemen.

The left wing(ed tuners) led by Aristotle/Rugerpc have already released a statement promising a DGT in every home, no response yet from the incumbent who, like most right wing(ed tuners) values fiscal responsibility over reckless spending (the man owns only three guitars, two of which are DGTs). It will be interesting to see how voters in Scarlett Red states react to the potential appointment of a hat wearing foreigner as their Chief of Staff, typically men with hats poll better in Whale Blue states so Albrecht's addition to the cabinet may potentially harm them there.

Will the Eriza Green party ever get its act together and get in the race? There has been rumors that a Harker/Rango pairing might make it to the polls if Craig would only show a "good faith PEEK" of his proposed policy changes, it is to early to see if the inclusion of a third party would dilute voters from being able to unseat Boston/Duncan.

I have had a McCarty or McCarty derrivative guitar in my hands since 1995. You, Mr Quayle, are no McCarty player...

HA! I struck a nerve. Even when faced with proof of my bona fide, the incumbent stoops to slander and dismissiveness. I ask you, dear voters, is this leadership? Derision from the top? Snobbery I say!

Well, Mr. I-Had-One-Before-You-Did, don't you be shaking your demigogeral finger at me. Because when you do so, you poo poo all the rest of the masses who weren't birthed holding on to two volume knobs at the same time.

Well it seems we have a race brewing ladies and gentlemen.

The left wing(ed tuners) led by Aristotle/Rugerpc have already released a statement promising a DGT in every home, no response yet from the incumbent who, like most right wing(ed tuners) values fiscal responsibility over reckless spending (the man owns only three guitars, two of which are DGTs). It will be interesting to see how voters in Scarlett Red states react to the potential appointment of a hat wearing foreigner as their Chief of Staff, typically men with hats poll better in Whale Blue states so Albrecht's addition to the cabinet may potentially harm them there.

Will the Eriza Green party ever get its act together and get in the race? There has been rumors that a Harker/Rango pairing might make it to the polls if Craig would only show a "good faith PEEK" of his proposed policy changes, it is to early to see if the inclusion of a third party would dilute voters from being able to unseat Boston/Duncan.

Oh, I see. The spin zone. Waste not your sputum trying to label the aristotle/rugerpc ticket, gentleman. for I shall lay it bare like the finish on the neck of my McRosie...

We are NOT, Left, rather further Right of the incumbents. We stand for the people, not big cluberment. The rights and freedoms of the individual are paramount to us and we embrase the level playing field with opportunity for all, not just those with swollen I Got Mine First attitudes.

Where the incumbent values what is HIS, we value what can be ours if we work hard at it. Just the other day, I learned my alphabet and next week, I'm starting on colors. I don't see the incumbent striving for self-improvement unless you count knocking off others to make oneself look good (passable).

Carabma! the fish stinks from the head down!

Last edited:
I guess I would be the anti-DGT prez. I have defiled my DGT STD with multiple insertions of foreign electronic. Subjected Mr Clean to hot solder and other unspeakable torture. I do love my boy "Mr Clean", but he is no longer pure in heart. I would support the candidate that doesn't shun the molestation of these fine creatures. I can only hope that the vintage DGT incoming won't suffer the fate the poor Mr Clean has.......

Ok I'm in for the fun of it

Harker for Emperor of DGT Land 2012

I'm in for your Assistant Emperor - you've got the maple top covered with your pre-production '07, I've got the latest and greatest in a '12 Standard (and Iused to own an '08 Goldie) :beer:

2012-07-22124800.jpg

I'm in for your Assistant Emperor - you've got the maple top covered with your pre-production '07, I've got the latest and greatest in a '12 Standard (and Iused to own an '08 Goldie) :beer:

2012-07-22124800.jpg

OK Its Official Then !!
I Now annouce the canidates for the Eriza Green Party

Harker / Twinfan 2012

With my previous cabinet experience and Old Gold's support and Twin's international connections and PS ties I feel that we can reach a broader more WORLDWIDE audience and consolidate the base and push for a Limited Run Piezo Equipped DGT- The Ultimate Gig Ready Guitar !!!!

I also want to annouce that if elected CRGTR will be the Sec of Social Media for my campaign

Back