ELECTION TIME! (DGT Fan Club)

Who shall be the President of the DGT Fan Club until the next election (Nov 2016)?

• BostonGuitar (Pres) & Mike Duncan (VP)

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • Harker1440 (Pres) & Twinfan (VP)

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • aristotle (Pres) & rugerpc (VP)

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has the Eriza Green Party accepted bribes? Welcome back to the No Spin Zone!

Earlier today Craig "The Hulk" Harker 1440 posted what appeared to be a solicitation for a cabinet post for his dear friend CRGTR.

you got something for me Dr?

Normally this would go unnoticed or thought of as a potential guitar flipping deal, but as the race for presidency heats up, nothing can be over looked in the quest of sensational journalism.
VP candidate Twinfan has released a statement attacking any owner of a modified DGT as being seen as "carnal, adulterated, immoral, debased, unrefined, unchaste, and wicked". (or any other synonyms that could be googled on martini four of a five martini lunch)

Purity is all in the world of the DGT...

Shortly after these comments, an ad for their party made by alleged bribe taker CRGTR appeared complete with backing from Wheel of Fortune Slots. For a party to be running on the platform of "purity" this seems to be an odd development, will campaign finance reform issues be a weak spot in the upcoming debates, or will the "Hulk" just smash his way through this issue as well?

Tell me again what the DGT club Presidency has to do with "Wheel of Fortune" slots?

DGTPresidentialad.jpg

Gentlemen and Ladies,

Something very basic is missing here. You're putting cart before horse.

Step One should be a Constitutional Convention. Why?

Because you have no framework of government upon which to base this election. You can't even agree on who is, or is not, eligible for office.

If you have a direct democracy, you don't need officers, everyone simply votes on everything. If you have a representative form of government, you need a framework upon which to run it, whether that framework is a "common law" Constitution, a la Britain, or a document like the US Constitution. In any case, the members of your club should agree on a set of rules to be followed, and then the meaning and interpretation of this compact between the People and the Government can be argued over bitterly ad infinitum. ;)

To not have this document really empowers no one, plus you'll be missing half the fun.

Gentlemen and Ladies,

Something very basic is missing here. You're putting cart before horse.

Step One should be a Constitutional Convention. Why?

Because you have no framework of government upon which to base this election. You can't even agree on who is, or is not, eligible for office.

If you have a direct democracy, you don't need officers, everyone simply votes on everything. If you have a representative form of government, you need a framework upon which to run it, whether that framework is a "common law" Constitution, a la Britain, or a document like the US Constitution. In any case, the members of your club should agree on a set of rules to be followed, and then the meaning and interpretation of this compact between the People and the Government can be argued over bitterly ad infinitum. ;)

To not have this document really empowers no one, plus you'll be missing half the fun.

The aristotle/rugerpc ticket from the Equal Temperament party heartily agrees. WHERE is the Constitution and By-Laws of the Club?? (Shoule it be a 'Constitunetion'?)

Being as we are a party of the people - not Big Cluberment or Empire - we would fully endorse a Constitunetion that was 'of, by and for the people' in the 'pursuit pf DGT happiness' assuring that 'all members are created equal whether they own or merely aspire to own'.. We note that it is the "DGT Club" and not the "DGT Owner's Club" after all...

The lack of a working Constitunetion and By-Laws clearly shows the do-nothing nature of the current administration. UP with the Republic, down with the Oligarchy and Empire!

Something the other parties do not have...

wait for it...

Cred(not to be confused with Creed which is related to the Tremonti Model Fan Club):

GrissomAppointmentFacebookComments.jpg

I just want to throw my hat in the ring to serve as a cabinet member after the election if any of the candidates would have me. I have a 2012 DGT Standard in Frost Blue Metallic with Birds and I got the ball rolling for Dave on a distribution deal at a cool record chain in Austin he wanted to be with after just one phone call. That's gotta count for something....

I just want to throw my hat in the ring to serve as a cabinet member after the election if any of the candidates would have me. I have a 2012 DGT Standard in Frost Blue Metallic with Birds and I got the ball rolling for Dave on a distribution deal at a cool record chain in Austin he wanted to be with after just one phone call. That's gotta count for something....

We would love to have you... :shakehands:

Something the other parties do not have...

wait for it...

Cred(not to be confused with Creed which is related to the Tremonti Model Fan Club):

Cred - Schmed. So the current Prez managed to irritate DGh enough on Facebook to get a response. Big Deal.

*I* had a nice little conversation with DGh in person at the Exp2012 in the final assembly room as he was searching for a spare bridge. I remember he was quite engaging and tolerant as I gushed something almost inaudible and mushy like, "I, er, uh just think you're great (blush)!!" To which I received either an indulgent rock on nod or a dismissive glare - I'm not sure which as I was shrinking away....

Who says you can't run yourself? There are a few hours left to announce and speaking of the left, where is the liberal DGT party?

Perhaps you could steal CRGTR from the EV greens now that they have adopted a stance of un-modded purity and have him step up to the plate with you. Nobody would question the validity of your right to office seeing that you both actually own a DGT, Chris has to feel a little uncomfortable with the "purity" aspect of the EV greens, and if they were truly serious about their stance they must only see him as a liability.

Who else has the gentle demeanor to make the incumbent, the Equal Temperament Party, and the EV greens look like extremists? There is a wide open gap waiting for a sane, dedicated, and straight forward party.

A four party system may be the path to true leadership for a very influential DGT fan club.

On a personal level, I think there is some attractiveness to the idea that the child reincarnation of someone like a Duane Allman would make the perfect permanent guitar club leader and spiritual advisor.

You know, like they do to find a new Dalai Lama.

OK, all of the candidates need to post a consolidated speech (to the voting public) in this thread. Your speech will be copied and pasted into the voting thread so make it good. I needs to clearly articulate:
1) Your qualifications ("funnier than the other guy" is an acceptable qualification)
2) Your VP's qualification(s)
3) What you plan to do for the people - or what you expect the people to do for you
4) Anything else you think is relevant
5) List all of the members of your administration and their role(s)
6) Bonus points: The very best pie recipe

Please give your post an "Official" title so I can easily differentiate it from the rest of the rhet... err... uhh... information you've previously posted.

The 1st and only public debate will be held Monday night at 8PM (Mountain Time).

Last edited:
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;27209 said:
OK, all of the candidates need to post a consolidated speech (to the voting public) in this thread. Your speech will be copied and pasted into the voting thread so make it good. I needs to clearly articulate:
1) Your qualifications ("funnier than the other guy" is an acceptable qualification)
2) Your VP's qualification(s)
3) What you plan to do for the people - or what you expect the people to do for you
4) Anything else you think is relevant
5) List all of the members of your administration and their role(s)
6) Bonus points: The very best pie recipe

Please give your post an "Official" title so I can easily differentiate it from the rest of the rhet... err... uhh... information you've previously posted.

The 1st and only public debate will be held Monday night at 8PM (Mountain Time).

This is all well and good, except at 8 PM Mountain time on Monday, I will be hearing the last notes of feedback at the "deftones" concert at the "House Of Blues" in Boston, and/or I will be weathering the Epic Frankenstorm named Sandy. Not a great time for typing in either case... ;)

But then, maybe that is how you planned it, Mr. Moderator... Hmmmmm... :creep:

Who says you can't run yourself? There are a few hours left to announce and speaking of the left, where is the liberal DGT party?

Perhaps you could steal CRGTR from the EV greens now that they have adopted a stance of un-modded purity and have him step up to the plate with you. Nobody would question the validity of your right to office seeing that you both actually own a DGT, Chris has to feel a little uncomfortable with the "purity" aspect of the EV greens, and if they were truly serious about their stance they must only see him as a liability.

Who else has the gentle demeanor to make the incumbent, the Equal Temperament Party, and the EV greens look like extremists? There is a wide open gap waiting for a sane, dedicated, and straight forward party.

A four party system may be the path to true leadership for a very influential DGT fan club.

Hmmnmmm.................

What is a DGT?

This is from a different thread, but it has relevance here:

"(Is a DGT still a DGT if you swap pickups?) This is mostly true... The DGT walks the line, because unlike the production Les Pauls we all know and love, the DGT had every detail scrutinized by Dave himself. Les did not even care so much for sunbursts or humbuckers, or even wood that had resonance. He liked goldtop or black beauty p90 gibsons and in the end like the "recording" model which had different impedance and everything. Les didn't mind keeping his name on the guitar that took a design left turn from Ted McCarty, and then an even harder left turn with the SG era. All this being said, Dave doesn't take issue with runs of DGT's with stoptails, or 59/09 neck pickups, or Private Stocks. Matter of fact, his fave as of late is a PS with a pern neck instead of mahogany. My goldtop has a 57/08 BRIDGE pickup reverse mounted in the NECK position. I consider it a DGT of course(though I will never sell the grissom bass pickup, and maybe it will even get remounted some day). What I will say is that if the CORE DGT model offering by PRS did anything different than the exact specs it has now, and Dave did not agree it helped the model in his eyes(and ears), he would not let his name be put on it. He put his heart and soul into that guitar design to make sure it was EXACTLY what he wanted and would play, and it is a fantastic equation. If Les had that kind of leverage back in the day, we might all be playing guitars with different impedance right now. :wink:"

You may consider yours a DGT Kevin, but the Purity Party disagrees. DGh may not play a production model ALL the time, but he ALWAYS uses DGT pickups in BOTH positions...

You may consider yours a DGT Kevin, but the Purity Party disagrees. DGh may not play a production model ALL the time, but he ALWAYS uses DGT pickups in BOTH positions...

On your point that DGh "ALWAYS" uses DGT pickups in BOTH positions, I submit that DGh has gone on record countless times to say that he spends over 90% of his playing time on the "business" pickup, which for him is the bridge humbucker. Be careful with your word choice. And what is a Brit doing running for a democratic office? Shouldn't you be some figurehead or something? :box:

Business pickup or not, when he calls on the neck pickup he calls for the DGT neck pickup :)

I'm running for office to replace the current incumbents, as I do not agree with their policies and wish to represent the international electorate more appropriately.

BREAKING NEWS! EXCLUSIVE!
Welcome back to the No Spin Zone.

While voters are used to being fed empty promises, a new development could give them some hope that a regime change might actually produce tangible results. This morning a I received a video from a source who shall only be referred to as "Deep-Pockets", pertaining to an alleged prototype DGT model.

Sensitive viewers may wish to skip the video.

Could this be a certain VP candidate from the "near-center right" actually playing a DGT? Could this be the factory- altered tuned DGT the Equal Temp. Party has been promising, or is it merely a regular DGT that has been somehow, what the EV green party would consider "perverted", for the purpose of making the incumbent and EV appear as though they are incapable of initiating real change?

While the President is out in cyberspace with celebrities, and the EV is under speculation of bribery, aristotle/rugerpc are the only ones who seem to have a plan for universal DGT ownership, along with propositions and perhaps a prototype, for expanding the DGT line.

Stay sharp voters, this could be a Damn Good Time for the DGT club.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scandal!

One of the other parties must have a mole in the Equal Temperament Party. How else could the Eriza Green Party try to steal our platform plank of an SE DGT and this video get leaked to the press?

Rest assured that we are looking for this "Deep Pockets" person whomever they might be.

Back