Dreaming up a 594/DGT mishmash!

ptgold

Both these guitars (594 and the DGT) have me drooling!!

HOWEVER, im not really much of a trem guy but would definitely like to have the DGT pickups and control layout the Grissom PRS has.

Is it possible to order a custom DGT (nothing fancy, probably just a solid color black or gold) with a 594 style 2 piece bridge and tailpiece without having to go private stock? If its going to cost an arm and a leg it probably wont be worth it to me.

Would it be possible for PRS to get this done for something in the range of $3600 maybe?

This would be my dream guitar!!

Both these guitars (594 and the DGT) have me drooling!!

HOWEVER, im not really much of a trem guy but would definitely like to have the DGT pickups and control layout the Grissom PRS has.

Is it possible to order a custom DGT (nothing fancy, probably just a solid color black or gold) with a 594 style 2 piece bridge and tailpiece without having to go private stock? If its going to cost an arm and a leg it probably wont be worth it to me.

Would it be possible for PRS to get this done for something in the range of $3600 maybe?

This would be my dream guitar!!

No, and no.

You could go private stock. It would cost a lot more.

Aaaaah.............are you SUPPOSED to wear pants while trolling the forum?

Asking for a friend.

Naaa, pretty lax dress code up in here...just don't post any selfies of your attire or lack there of...and you're golden.

Pretty sure d#;&k pics will make @Shawn@PRS break bad...well, unless you're @sergiodeblanc because that's just how he rolls. He has the most likes on here and that rightfully comes with perks...like posting d#$&k pics...I mean...if you can steal PRSh car...in front of him...you're definitely above the law in here. Ahh, life goals!

Last edited:

Eric Clapton approves of blocking trems. That's the easiest way. Piece of hard maple and tap it in place, remove the trem springs and claws and you're on your way to hard-tailed goodness.

Naaa, pretty lax dress code up in here...just don't post any selfies of your attire or lack there of...and you're golden.

Pretty sure d#;&k pics will make @Shawn@PRS break bad...well, unless you're @sergiodeblanc because that's just how he rolls. He has the most likes on here and that rightfully comes with perks...like posting d#$&k pics...I mean...if you can steal PRSh car...in front of him...you're definitely above the law in here. Ahh, life goals!

Not to burst your bubble, but I think Shawn stands pretty firm on anything between the navel and the kneecaps...

Not to burst your bubble, but I think Shawn stands pretty firm on anything between the navel and the kneecaps...

Dude....NOBODY can burst my bubble.;)

One can only hope Shawn keeps that as a steadfast rule...nobody wants/needs to see that.

Eric Clapton approves of blocking trems. That's the easiest way. Piece of hard maple and tap it in place, remove the trem springs and claws and you're on your way to hard-tailed goodness.

TBH....its more about the aesthetics for me. I just love how Doublecut PRS look with 2 piece stop tail and bridge

don't even need to go that far
Block of wood under the springs behind the block, Tighten claw against block. Done
Can still lower pitch

Last edited:
Back