Does Wood Library have the same grade wood as Standard Core Line or better grade wood?

I’ve seen a lot of times where the dealer says the top is a private stock downgraded to artist or artist downgraded to 10 top. At the end of the day it’s still all subjective but I’d say on average wood library models consistently have tops that punch above what they are graded at.

I’ve seen a lot of times where the dealer says the top is a private stock downgraded to artist or artist downgraded to 10 top. At the end of the day it’s still all subjective but I’d say on average wood library models consistently have tops that punch above what they are graded at.

I think this was the very first ”wood library” run. I went with Eric Cummings (Willcutt’s) to pick woods for the run. These two tops were definitely marked on the book matched billets as PS, but were pulled for this run. I still have the fiddleback one.

These were made at a time when the group of 10 did not have to have the same specs. These were the only two with IRW necks because I ordered them that way at the vault.

Last edited:
"The common misconception is that the quality of the wood in the wood library is unique. That’s not the case; the wood library is graded on the same scale in which we grade our other woods: Core, 10-top, Artist Package, Private Stock. What is unique however, are the combinations of wood dealers can place together when ordering a run of wood library instruments."

I think this was the very first ”wood library” run. I went with Eric Cummings (Willcutt’s) to pick woods for the run. These two tops were definitely marked on the book matched billets as PS, but were pulled for this run. I still have the fiddleback one.

These were made at a time when the group of 10 did not have to have the same specs. These were the only two with IRW necks because I ordered them that way at the vault.
This is so beautiful, omg

Back