Does this trem rout look funny?

CantankerousCarl

Occasionally Onery Member
Was sent some pics of a late 80s CST24 I am considering...to me the trem route looks misaligned, or the bridge in the wrong place? I have looked at lots of pics online, and my own early 90s PRSi and on not one can I see the rout below...

Normal or not?

IMG_3810_zpsfa41a58c.jpg

IMG_3811_zpsc87a129a.jpg

Are you sure it's a Custom24? I can't tell from the photos but it might be a PRS Special - which had an uproute on the trem. Does anyone know if the Special's had maple tops offered for a brief period of time?

IMG_6422.jpg

Last edited:
It's being represented as a CST24, but one can never be sure what it really is.

Does the up-route have that gap on the right side of the bridge by where the trem arm goes in?

My .02$ is its legit and was made that way. Up-route option for what might be a Standard 24 with maple cap?? Just speculation here.

That looks just right for an uproute. You could order an uproute on anything PRS made in the 80s. Customs with the uproute are much more uncommon though.

I've had a couple "specials", standards with an uproute. This ones not mine anymore, but if you compare the route in your photos looks right.
DSC_8627_zps39003fd9.jpg

DSC_8614_zps356a08c0.jpg

DSC_8556_zpsd98040e9.jpg

I wish they did the up-route on more recent models. Would've saved the CU24 I had some dings on the top. Plus it made an un-Godly THWACK! When the bridge plate slammed into the top.

The Tremonti has the up-trem rout.

I wish they did the up-route on more recent models. Would've saved the CU24 I had some dings on the top. Plus it made an un-Godly THWACK! When the bridge plate slammed into the top.

Back