Does PRS Private stock match finshes too?

AngelsandDemons

A dream guitar of mine back in 2000 got sold right before my eyes and I still have Pictures of it.

I was wondering if I give them a picture of finish top, will they match it for me?

I am willing to spare 13k if I could resurrect my dream guitar.

I've talked to Paul Miles about matching colours (I have a secret project in mind) and he said that if I gave him a colour they could match it. I trust Paul.

Keep in mind that the colour will vary with the grain and the colour spectrum may not exactly match that of the old guitar - bu tgive him a colour and that colour will be there.

As a for example, when I had my spalt built I picked a spot on the top that I wanted the back and neck to be colour matched to - I'm very happy with the result.

I've talked to Paul Miles about matching colours (I have a secret project in mind) and he said that if I gave him a colour they could match it. I trust Paul.

Keep in mind that the colour will vary with the grain and the colour spectrum may not exactly match that of the old guitar - bu tgive him a colour and that colour will be there.

As a for example, when I had my spalt built I picked a spot on the top that I wanted the back and neck to be colour matched to - I'm very happy with the result.

This.

No, POST your saved pics here, so we can see/drool. :)
While we're waiting for angles&demons, a couple of examples of carrying colour front top to back.
CK_198SpaltSideView.JPG

CK_845Top.jpeg

AngelsandDemons, that color is Smoky Blonde (PRS misspells it Smokey Blonde). I have it on my PS acoustic's back and sides; you won't have trouble matching it (the iPhone pic I'm attaching will give you an idea, though the color is a little off in my pic):

Last edited:
Back