Does it ever get old (aka: am I really a douche?)

horax

Do you ever get sick of hearing people bash you for liking, owning, and playing PRS guitars?

A lot of online banter revolves around PRS being for young dentists with no kids who can't play.
Others think that playing a PRS makes you bourgeois.

Look, I have 4 kids, I'm' almost 45 years old, been playing for about 11 years or so, and make decent money. I sitll can't afford all hte PRSi that I would like.

However, we all know that PRS are as good if not better than most other brands available.

What are your thoughts?

I never get that. Although, that's because I try to limit my on-line presence to this place and one other small forum. I tend to not read comments on gear videos I watch. Too many trolls out there.

Besides, the haters are just jealous!

Most social media drivel comes from people who have never been closer to a stage than the nosebleed section on an N’Sync concert. They neither own or play any of the equipment they claim to know every resistor, pot, and wire for, nor have they learned any real human conversational skills. Other than that, they’re ok.

I am so, so over it. I only get on forums for companies I specifically use, and limit who I get help from or give it to. I love the interaction. Keep your drama though. No time for it!

Somehow, playing a $4K PRS is bourgeois, but playing an old beat up Strat that cost $25K is street level. Face it, giving a voice to every moron with a cell phone was never going to end well.

Besides, the haters are just jealous!

I got tired of PRS bashing a few years back at TGP, (before I even joined here). I was reading one thread where dork after dork was posting the dentist crap, or the "all looks, no soul" stuff, and I'm reading these posts from guys playing cheap guitars and cheap amps. The thread went on for days, and I'd had enough. Sometimes you say something really smartass because you're just tired of listening to idiots who don't know what they're talking about. It was clear that most of them had never played one.

Still, not good form to say that you shouldn't bash things just because you can't afford them and are jealous of those who can. But, at the time, I just had too. :)

Face it, giving a voice to every moron with a cell phone was never going to end well.

And in one short sentence, you just summed up the WWW! :D

Quite frankly I don’t give two hoots about what anybody thinks of PRS GUITAR’s. They don’t like them, don’t want them, then fine, more for me and people like me. I know they’re consistently the best Guitars on the market. When I bought my first PRS I scraped and saved and bought a signature series new in January 1990. Yes I do better now but I was always a blue-collar railroad worker for 33 years I’m not a doctor, not a lawyer, not a dentist, not there’s anything wrong with being any one of those professions. As a matter of fact they're admirable professions. Remember if you put your mind to something, make sacrifices and save, you can get just about anything you want in this world.

I've never been in a conversation or overheard anybody bashing on PRS. If it's online where people are hearing this....well, is there anything in existence that anybody and everybody on the internet collectively like?

In other words, there's always plenty of people out there ready to tell you that what you like is inferior to what they like.

Haters gonna hate...

You know what.... I WISH I didn't like PRS' so much. I'd have much more money in my bank account if I didnt.

My first PRS was a Silver Sky when they were first announced. I loved the tone they got and it seemed like an interesting new guitar.

When I finally got it, I was absolutely floored by the fit and finish. Everything was perfect. My Gibson's and Fender's always needed a little something when they got home, not the Silver Sky. I've since bought a CU24, McCarty 594SC, and A55e. To be honest they are the only guitars that I play anymore as they just feel so much better.

This is my extremely long winded way of saying that any outside hate means absolutely nothing to me as I know how great these guitars are.

Quite frankly I don’t give two hoots about what anybody thinks of PRS GUITAR’s. They don’t like them, don’t want them, then fine, more for me and people like me. I know they’re consistently the best Guitars on the market. When I bought my first PRS I scraped and saved and bought a signature series new in January 1990. Yes I do better now but I was always a blue-collar railroad worker for 33 years I’m not a doctor, not a lawyer, not a dentist, not there’s anything wrong with being any one of those professions. As a matter of fact they're admirable professions. Remember if you put your mind to something, make sacrifices and save, you can get just about anything you want in this world.
That’s the funniest part... The PRS instruments I own were not paid for by my primary job, which was law enforcement. They were bought from money made PLAYING LIVE MUSIC over several decades, continuing to this very year. In a very real way, one paid for the next, and so on. It’s just some jerk-off, 16-year-old’s internet mantra that gets passed on from uninformed idiot to uninformed idiot. It used to make me furious, but now it’s just so stupidly sad, it almost makes you feel sorry for them. Just almost, though.

You know what.... I WISH I didn't like PRS' so much. I'd have much more money in my bank account if I didnt.

I'm with you there! If only I had never pulled that CU24 off the rack to try out...:)

Never actually heard anyone bashing PRS, but a couple of my buddies looked at me kinda askew when
I brought the CU24 to a jam - both were blown away by the fit, finish, playability and tone. One, who is a long haul
trucker, is now a CU22 owner. The guitar goes in the bunk with him, with a pair of headphones and a little battery powered Pod!

Most social media drivel comes from people who have never been closer to a stage than the nosebleed section on an N’Sync concert. They neither own or play any of the equipment they claim to know every resistor, pot, and wire for, nor have they learned any real human conversational skills. Other than that, they’re ok.

I am so, so over it. I only get on forums for companies I specifically use, and limit who I get help from or give it to. I love the interaction. Keep your drama though. No time for it!

Somehow, playing a $4K PRS is bourgeois, but playing an old beat up Strat that cost $25K is street level. Face it, giving a voice to every moron with a cell phone was never going to end well.

Decided the end of your post is sig worthy. Mind if I use it?

Back