Do you think Paul should hire 2 additional people for marketing?

Revelation

Paul has done a fantastic job with going all over the world, doing videos, and meeting people in Japan, and Europe and talking about his guitars. He is passionate and really loves the company and the guitars. As we all get older, it seems it would make sense to find 2 younger people who are almost as passionate about the guitars as he is with some good knowledge and people skills and get out there and help spread the news about their guitars. Perhaps one male and one female who could help market the PRS guitars that would travel more so he could focus at home on their new PRS Telecaster and continuing his excellent videos in house.

Paul’s sticking to being Paul. It’s how he started, and he’ll likely do it until he is out of the biz. As @sergiodeblanc said, as long as there is a person belonging to that signature on the headstock, people are going to want to see him. If I could buy a Private Stock, I’d sure want a picture of Paul holding it to put in the file.

There are succession plans in place, as he’s mentioned. But let’s enjoy The Man while he’s still enjoying us!

It’s Paul’s version of going on tour. Can it be a grind and tiring at times? Sure. I think he likes doing it though. People go to see him. To hear his stories. Many are already fans. For the size of the company, he’s the ONLY one capable of doing this. The only other one close that’s alive was probably Randall Smith before he sold Mesa. It’s Paul’s legacy. Nobody can sell it like him. We’re lucky to have what he’s doing. When he’s tired of it, he’ll stop.

As Vaughn says there’s is no Leo, no Ted, so you have to admire Paul for carrying the torch.

I hope I get see him soon.

And if there is another Experience you better all be there because it’s my round and I’m only buying one!
First in line, and I like the good stuff!

I agree with many of your comments. As someone who works with marketing, it's good to get new people on board before Paul decides to slow down in 10 years. It's obvious he loves what he does and we enjoy hearing from him.

Back