Do i need an MT15 if i have 2 Archons

Yes, because soon you'll realize you don't need all three, and since you prefer heads, you'll sell me the 25 combo. :) (So the serious answer is buried in the self serving, mildly humorous post... That's, "if you'd rather have a head than a combo. Or, if you need a smaller lighter head than the 100).

I’ve observed that the concept of “need”, on this forum, is moribund and irrelevant
Purchase rationalization will have to take a different route. Or just avoid, accept, and give in.
But that’s just my observation. I’m frequently wrong and not terribly bright

I'll be the voice of reason here; no, you don't need one. Having said that, you should go buy one now!

One really good reason is how light and portable it is. It is a great amp if you are in a band for taking back and forth to places. Super small and light yet can knock a house down.

One really good reason is how light and portable it is. It is a great amp if you are in a band for taking back and forth to places. Super small and light yet can knock a house down.
^^^^^^^THiS^^^^^^^^

It’s truky amazing how good the MT15 is on both channels.....& that it can actually be this LOUD!

This is one small black box of awesomeness!!!!

X

I've never played an Archon, but I gigged my MT15 and matching cab for the first time this Saturday (loud alt rock band), and it sounded great and more than loud enough...I could have easily played the gig in the half power mode. Great, portable amp...

Yes, because soon you'll realize you don't need all three, and since you prefer heads, you'll sell me the 25 combo. :) (So the serious answer is buried in the self serving, mildly humorous post... That's, "if you'd rather have a head than a combo. Or, if you need a smaller lighter head than the 100).

No. Just flat-out "no". the 100 is for bigger shows, outdoors gigs, etc. The 25 is for smaller clubs and rehearsals at half power. so no. :p

Yes, cuz then you could loan it to me so I can profile it on my 2x12 with the Kemper. Then I could offer up the profiles for free to everyone. So you'd be doing a favour to thousands, cuz you're a great guy! Right?
Am I right?:rolleyes:

Again, No. Flat-out "no". We are not going to have the modeler versus tube discussion. Just no. :D

I’ve observed that the concept of “need”, on this forum, is moribund and irrelevant
Purchase rationalization will have to take a different route. Or just avoid, accept, and give in.
But that’s just my observation. I’m frequently wrong and not terribly bright

seriously? who uses words like "moribund" in a guitar forum? I mean, i can see Les using it because his vocation makes him vociferous (or vice versa?) :p

So, yes, i acquired one because no one came up with a good reason not to do so, and, because, you know, the best way to try something is to play it with your own gear.

It is not what i was expecting.

First of all, it is loud. Like seriously loud. Like wow. I was thinking it would be a polite amp that had great 6L6 balls wrapped in a small package - you know, a handy little amp you could carry to your friend's house and jam with but not use for anything else except perhaps a really small club. I was completely wrong. holy crap! Even on half power this thing is really super loud.

Secondly, it is very articulate, as advertised, with ridiculous clarity.

I have not found the clean channel to be pleasing at all. Still trying it through different cabinets but it is not moving me. There is no "warm clean amp" to it, just a lack of gain.

On the other hand, the lead channel is somewhat mind-blowing. It is very tight and modern from the get-go, a really controlled-anger meanness, while being noiseless. The downside to the lead channel is that i find no crunch, which is where i typically play.

Do i "need" it? So, still on the fence with this one.

I like the clean channel, but I use it with the boost engaged to give it more hair and headroom. For crunch, or more classic rock tones, I roll down my guitars volume...works for me.

Back