Recently purchased mt15 wondering about the parallel jacks

jordand1

Hello! I just recently purchased a mt15 amp and I’m deciding on what I want to run for a cabinet setup. Upon inspection of the amp I saw the 2 parallel 8 ohm speaker jacks. I was just wondering if I run 2x16 ohm cabs in the parallel would they be running at full or would I want to run 2x8 ohm cabs in parallel to reach “full capacity” while keeping in the amps specification ratings on the parallel jacks. I think my problem is I’m looking at the science of the circuit from an automotive perspective so I’m pretty lost haha

Your options are:

1 16 ohm cabinet in the 16 ohm jack

1 8 ohm cabinet in one of the 8 ohm jacks

2 16 ohm cabinets plugged into the 8 ohm jacks

The output transformer will be happy with any of these. 2 cabinets is twice as many cabinets as 1 cabinet, so I'd go the third route.

By full capacity, do you mean satisfying the impedance requirements, or do you mean using the full output transformer?

Your options are:

1 16 ohm cabinet in the 16 ohm jack

1 8 ohm cabinet in one of the 8 ohm jacks

2 16 ohm cabinets plugged into the 8 ohm jacks

The output transformer will be happy with any of these. 2 cabinets is twice as many cabinets as 1 cabinet, so I'd go the third route.

By full capacity, do you mean satisfying the impedance requirements, or do you mean using the full output transformer?
just satisfying the impedance I should have clarified that. Thank you for the quick response. I think I will go with 2 x16 ohm cabs so I can position cabinets opposing each other. Once again thanks for the help

Back