Do Cute Amps Matter?

I just read an article about a studio that uses an old library card catalog to store their mics. It's very cool.

Great idea!

Though if I did that, I’d have to fight the constant urge to buy more mics to fill all the drawers...it’s like having extra rack spaces, or room on your pedalboard. Gotta fill that space!

I have a regular cabinet in the studio dedicated to mics, extra booms, pop filters, and other necessities. It is definitely not as cool as that idea!

Found a pic - I think this is the same place.

Card+file+drawers+for+mics+at+Red+Bull+Studios.jpg

Who else can smell that cabinet? Just me?

I just checked to see if Pottery Barn still offers that reissue of their Friends Apothecary Table. And yes they do. It’s $1100. I have no idea what I’d do with something like that in my studio once the drawers filled up with mics, because The last thing on earth my studio needs is a coffee table, but damned if I’m not tempted.

Because everything at Pottery Barn tempts me. I’m a PB junkie.

You guys think PRS addiction is a thing? When my wife drags me into PB, it’s all over, every time.

I just checked to see if Pottery Barn still offers that reissue of their Friends Apothecary Table. And yes they do. It’s $1100. I have no idea what I’d do with something like that in my studio once the drawers filled up with mics, because The last thing on earth my studio needs is a coffee table, but damned if I’m not tempted.

Because everything at Pottery Barn tempts me. I’m a PB junkie.

You guys think PRS addiction is a thing? When my wife drags me into PB, it’s all over, every time.
Been there, doing that.

Back