DGT going forward

I do love mine, but I really do wish the neck were a little slimmer. For my hands, it's a little chunky, especially as you go further up the neck. If it had a neck profile I loved (something like a Fender Modern C), I would be able to say it is absolutely a lifetime keeper for me... but due to the neck, I'm just not sure.

Too bad PRS doesn't offer custom work like reshaping necks, I would seriously consider having that done. It would make a guitar that's 90% perfect into 100%, and completely justify the cost.

I do love mine, but I really do wish the neck were a little slimmer. For my hands, it's a little chunky, especially as you go further up the neck. If it had a neck profile I loved (something like a Fender Modern C), I would be able to say it is absolutely a lifetime keeper for me... but due to the neck, I'm just not sure.

Too bad PRS doesn't offer custom work like reshaping necks, I would seriously consider having that done. It would make a guitar that's 90% perfect into 100%, and completely justify the cost.

The DGT neck is a big reason to own and play a DGT

I don’t have nor have played an S2 but that carve to me just looks ….not great. I’ve read everywhere how comfortable they are etc and I wouldn’t buy a guitar for the looks but, I have not bought guitars based on how they look. The S2 line seems to be gathering momentum so maybe I’m in the few %, however with the core pickups and electrics it adds a decent hike in price, to a degree where one could probably purchase a used Core for the same / not much more and in some cases even maybe less than the new S2 line.

I don’t have nor have played an S2 but that carve to me just looks ….not great. I’ve read everywhere how comfortable they are etc and I wouldn’t buy a guitar for the looks but, I have not bought guitars based on how they look. The S2 line seems to be gathering momentum so maybe I’m in the few %, however with the core pickups and electrics it adds a decent hike in price, to a degree where one could probably purchase a used Core for the same / not much more and in some cases even maybe less than the new S2 line.
A random single data point - I have a newer (2020?) S2 studio (basically an S2 Standard with 3 pickups) and an older '03 Santana III. I personally find the S2 body a bit more comfortable. I sure like the chunkier Santana neck though.

As for the DGT, I haven't played one, but I'd like to some time. I think I'd like it.

I don’t have nor have played an S2 but that carve to me just looks ….not great. I’ve read everywhere how comfortable they are etc and I wouldn’t buy a guitar for the looks but, I have not bought guitars based on how they look.
I was at CME yesterday. The PRS stock was pretty high for all lines with the event they just had with Paul there. Honestly in person the s2 has more depth to its look than the new se shallow violin. The se almost has a pancake appearance to it hanging next to a s2 and obviously the core. There was even a new PRS display block in the front that was primarily s2 and core. The s2 looked right at home.

As you mentioned the s2 bevels are really comfy. The tops are all getting better and better too. Different cool than core but killer in their own right. There was a s2 594DC that was super tempting.

Last edited:
Didn’t mean to turn this into an s2 thread, I guess as in life the gap between the lower class > middle class grows and between middle and high shrinks (sweeping generalisation). I guess for me I’ve always wanted that violin carve and the price point of an s2 with core insides makes no sense if I don’t like how she looks:

Didn’t mean to turn this into an s2 thread, I guess as in life the gap between the lower class > middle class grows and between middle and high shrinks (sweeping generalisation). I guess for me I’ve always wanted that violin carve and the price point of an s2 with core insides makes no sense if I don’t like how she looks:

I have a nice S2 semihollow. It’s had DGT pickups in it for a couple of years. Just pulled them and put in a set of 57/08’s.

Last edited:
Back on DGT wishlist track.. yesterday at CME the electric that was tops on my list to come home was a DGT. In the top three was a s2 594DC. If those two had a baby, s2 DGT. There would be a NGD thread from me!

That's my DGT wish moving forward.. S2 DGT. Please Paul and David! As much as I love the core DGT, either a Studio, SSH, or MEV are calling for my cash first.

Last edited:
A S2 DGT would be interesting. My last S2 CU24 had 85/15 pickups, but they were s versions, and my CE 24 had the same but US pickups, couldn’t really tell a difference. That S2 had a pattern regular neck, which I think is similar to the DGT, at least it feels like it on my DGT SE. which by the way, the standard DGT SE pickups are FANTASTIC. Love them is split coil mode too (when playing clean).

I’m a newcomer to the DGT world but am quickly a full convert. Thicker neck, dual volume controls, a tremolo and those pickups are what make this guitar a unique offering. Mess with this combo, and you have something else, which is fine, but it won’t be a DGT.

Back