DGT and Paul's guitar's neck difference

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Sheena_Ringo, May 20, 2019.

1. ScottR

ScottR If nobody saw it, it didn't happen.

Yup...it's official then...you have the holy trinity as I call them. You have exquisite taste my man!

I thought I remembered you having this beautiful beast. WOW I mean WOW! My CR totally sold me on 57/08s, I haven't gotten my hands on a PG..yet..but I honestly believe...I really don't need to...I mean it is PAULS giutar...it's gotta be as good as it gets. From what I can tell his taste is pretty exquisite too.

Alnus Rubra likes this.
  2. markd21

markd21 New Member

Thanks!! In all honesty, the Paul's Guitar really is an AMAZING guitar. Mine has the non-TCI pickups and I am more than happy with the tone. Combined with either of my Bad Cats I can get really killer tones with total ease. I do find that the guitar leans into "fusion" territory very easy with the humbuckers, but can get VERY bluesy with the singles. The combos are neat too - especially bridge single with neck HB. That's one of my favs when recording leads. The ONLY thing that could make it cool for the studio would be separate volumes to blend the amount of single vs. HB - but I have the SC245 and DGT for that!!

3. ScottR

Very cool to know thanks for fresh Koolaid...I owe you one bro!:D

Back to the OP's post. I started thinking (dangerous)..but one of the things that absolutely got me hooked on PRS was, every model I've been able to play has been in a class by themselves. Especially when it comes to the feel of the necks...not to mention the playability is just friggin rediculously good! :cool:

Necks and carves are nearly as subjective as the music we make with them. YRMV...but I can assure you they are all great IMHO.:)

bodia and Alnus Rubra like this.
  4. Rider1260

Rider1260 New Member

I like the narrow 408s when jamming with multiple guitar players or if the other guys have single coil guitars, some of my better recordings and when jamming alone to tracks have been my DGT.
    As far as the carve goes the Pattern Regular on my Brushstroke 24 ( 24 fret Pauls with a Trem ) is very much like the DGT to me.

bodia, Alnus Rubra and ScottR like this.
  5. Sheena_Ringo

Sheena_Ringo New Member

[​IMG]
    That is my Paul's Guitar, I really like this color :)

6. Sheena_Ringo

Sheena_Ringo New Member

Um...Do you mind to tell me how to upload the pic here?

7. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

You need to upload your photo/s onto a 3rd party image hosting site, Imgur, Google photos etc. Then upload the share code into the text box. Some allow the image to appear in your post. Other sites provide a link to your image/s.

Happy posting!

ScottR and bodia like this.
  8. Sheena_Ringo

Sheena_Ringo New Member

Thank you! Here is my Paul's Guitar :)
    [​IMG]

9. ScottR

On Imgur you have to click on the pic then three icons appear at the bottom. Hit the share icon, then copy the URL to your clipboard.

Next, open the "gallery" icon on the tool bar for you post here on the forum ...paste the link and it should upload the pic to your post. Give that a shot...if it makes any sense at all. It's early and I tend to overexplain things. :confused:

#29 ScottR, May 22, 2019
    Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Alnus Rubra likes this.
  10. Sheena_Ringo

Sheena_Ringo New Member

Can I have your email and sent it to you? I have tried and it didn't work, shame on me :(

ScottR likes this.
  11. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

You’re great dude! Forum Mascot!

bodia and ScottR like this.