Design a WL run?!

ppacheco1284

Has this ever been done on the forums? Get 10 people to come up with a WL build and have a dealer submit it? Coming up with a build that 10 people can decide on could be a little challenging but it also sounds like fun.

I believe this happened at least once, last time being 2 - 3 years ago?
Sure did. It involved an off the cuff remark about a cool idea in some random thread. A bunch of people chimed in how cool it would be. A forum member sent PMs to those that had made positive comments to judge seriousness. He approached a dealer about it. Dealer said if 5 people would commit, and put up 20% as a down payment, he would talk to PRS about it. We did. He did. It happened. Of the 10 that were made, either 6 or 7 ended up going to forum members. What was it??

WL509 / Swamp Ash body / maple cap / maple neck / maple board / smoked chrome hardware......bada$$!!!!!!!!!

UaUzgap.jpg

BAcDrvX.jpg

6fY2jfh.jpg

Sure did. It involved an off the cuff remark about a cool idea in some random thread. A bunch of people chimed in how cool it would be. A forum member sent PMs to those that had made positive comments to judge seriousness. He approached a dealer about it. Dealer said if 5 people would commit, and put up 20% as a down payment, he would talk to PRS about it. We did. He did. It happened. Of the 10 that were made, either 6 or 7 ended up going to forum members. What was it??

WL509 / Swamp Ash body / maple cap / maple neck / maple board / smoked chrome hardware......bada$$!!!!!!!!!

UaUzgap.jpg

BAcDrvX.jpg

6fY2jfh.jpg

I just wanna know if the shoes were included in the deal.

Since i missed the first time around, it should happen again.... with Soapbars this time around... and perhaps a singlecut.... my mind is running wild

WL Blasted Ash Vela 22-08 Trem with roasted flame maple neck.

Hollowbody II with Special 22 electronics. Or would the second F hole prohibit placement?

Some great ideas here for cool builds, some I would love to see myself.
I think the wood library builds have to be based on the standard model, so mixing pickup, switching, bridge, or body options from 2 or more different models would likely put these ideas into the private stock realm.

(And no...I’m not volunteering to coordinate another WL build...although the one we did came out fantastic!)

I do note that one dealer did a recent Custom 24 WL run with a McCarty switching setup, albeit with the stock 58/15s. Much less complicated than what I posted.

Back