Deleted since I apparently broke the rules

From my research, the hiss is definitely inherent in the amps

I even plugged in to an APC power conditioner and voltage regulator and the hiss remained
Yikes... Then we'd have to research whether or not there even IS away to get rid of it. That stinks.

Yikes... Then we'd have to research whether or not there even IS away to get rid of it. That stinks.
I did come across this:

I did come across this:

A quick glance at the thread shows that is not a good mod/answer. And, while the one guy knows his stuff, that JRC chip is not that noisy (it's used in MANY pedals) so it must be the circuit in general that is the issue. A low noise, hi fidelity IC (burr brown) might help, but the JRC shouldn't have enough chip noise to be THE issue, which tells me it's the overall design... and that's a bummer.

I might read further later (I'm doing all this while on hold) and see if someone actually resolved in in an acceptible manner. 18db reduction of gain to get rid of noise is NOT an answer!

If it is not inherent to these amps, I'd look at filtering your power.

A quick glance at the thread shows that is not a good mod/answer. And, while the one guy knows his stuff, that JRC chip is not that noisy (it's used in MANY pedals) so it must be the circuit in general that is the issue. A low noise, hi fidelity IC (burr brown) might help, but the JRC shouldn't have enough chip noise to be THE issue, which tells me it's the overall design... and that's a bummer.

I might read further later (I'm doing all this while on hold) and see if someone actually resolved in in an acceptible manner. 18db reduction of gain to get rid of noise is NOT an answer!

I just removed the speaker connections (taped over the ends with painter's tape (even though they were covered with a silicone wrap), plugged the direct out into my audio interface, dropped in the TwoNotes JC-120 speaker DynIR on the track and it is glorious -- both the JC's reverb and chorus still work and there is absolutely no hiss or noise from the direct out from the JC

Clean clean clean for days!!!

I just removed the speaker connections (taped over the ends with painter's tape (even though they were covered with a silicone wrap), plugged the direct out into my audio interface, dropped in the TwoNotes JC-120 speaker DynIR on the track and it is glorious -- both the JC's reverb and chorus still work and there is absolutely no hiss or noise from the direct out from the JC

Clean clean clean for days!!!
uh... does this have a speaker load?

There is a direct out from the amp to my audio interface - not going through a load box
The amp is solid state
Don't have time not to research, but YOU should. I'd ask the manufacturer if this is safe. Just because it's SS doesn't mean it is safe to run with no load. Some SS circuit types are not, and this includes some newer Class D stuff.

I didn't know PRS owns Roland.

I didn't know you were the PRS police

I see you have posted a similar comment in my other thread about a Gretsch guitar yet, you comment and engage in the conversation in other threads about non-PRS made gear --- did I offend you personally in some way as to cause you to single out my threads?

I didn't know you were the PRS police

I see you have posted a similar comment in my other thread about a Gretsch guitar yet, you comment and engage in the conversation in other threads about non-PRS made gear --- did I offend you personally in some way as to cause you to single out my threads?
I've been here a long time, and know that for a long time in the past PRS' folks didn't appreciate references to other brands. Shawn used to delete them, because it says, "Discuss PRS amps," or "Discuss PRS Guitars" on the forum headers.

Since this is the PRS Forum, and since I respect our hosts, I think discretion is the better part of valor here.

PRS is paying the freight. This isn't TGP. So I minimize references to other stuff. I have been guilty of this myself, however.

Doesn't mean I want to offend you. It's simply a reminder.

The heading of the discussion area is designated "Amplifiers".

Other similar sites (e.g. Strat Talk Forum, TDPRI Forum) have similar discussion areas (Amp Input, Amp Central Station) and the sites are slanted toward a particular type/manufacturer of guitars, yet allow discussion of non-Fender amplifiers.
So, I can see where someone might get the idea that discussion of amplifiers would be OK in a section designated "Amplifiers".

I don't know what portion of the cost, etc. that PRS carries for this site, but as a member for some time, I'd have made the same transgression without "knowing" I was transgressing.
Asking forgiveness in advance.......

The heading of the discussion area is designated "Amplifiers".
It actually says, "Amplifiers" and underneath that says "Discuss PRS Amplifiers, CAD Amplifiers and PRS SE Amplifiers."

I'm not seeing much room for interpretation there.

We're PRS' guests here; seems to me that we should respect our hosts' wishes. NGDs and NADs relating to other manufacturers don't seem respectful, at least to me. Doesn't appear to me that Strat Talk Forum is owned by Fender, so that's more like the old Birds and Moons forum that was independent.

There's a lot that makes this place different from a TGP. Some of that comes down to a mutual understanding of what is, and isn't supposed to happen here. You get a PRS, great, interesting, belongs here. Seems to me there are other, more appropriate places to post the pics and the brag for other brands.

It's not a big deal, and I don't see why anyone should be pissed off about someone being reminded of it.

Last edited:
Glad I asked in advance.....
Where can I find a PRS SE amplifier?
I've never seen one referred to as an "SE" amplifier.

Never mind....I found some of PRS amps referenced as SE.
is this place a great source of info, or what??

It actually says, "Amplifiers" and underneath that says "Discuss PRS Amplifiers, CAD Amplifiers and PRS SE Amplifiers."

I'm not seeing much room for interpretation there.

We're PRS' guests here; seems to me that we should respect our hosts' wishes. NGDs and NADs relating to other manufacturers don't seem respectful, at least to me. Doesn't appear to me that Strat Talk Forum is owned by Fender, so that's more like the old Birds and Moons forum that was independent.

There's a lot that makes this place different from a TGP. Some of that comes down to a mutual understanding of what is, and isn't supposed to happen here. You get a PRS, great, interesting, belongs here. Seems to me there are other, more appropriate places to post the pics and the brag for other brands.

It's not a big deal, and I don't see why anyone should be pissed off about someone being reminded of it.

Here are just a few threads that are not based on discussing "Discuss PRS Amplifiers, CAD Amplifiers and PRS SE Amplifiers."

You even engaged in some of them without pointing out to the OPs that this a PRS amp only forum -- any particular reason you singled my thread out?

wUeN5gn.png

za4uAZx.png

vOfSRP7.png

RNBVE1k.png

Y46SsOr.png

MpqsK7W.png

k1P66Hq.png

OGWtkoS.png

Dude, don't delete your post or thread. It's about a solid state amp. They don't count.

:p

:p:p:p

I'm totally just kidding. In the course of discussing gear, other brands will come up. Look at the "amp rotation" thread above. Hey, I have 6 core PRS guitars and have had 3 US made PRS amps. If discuss another brand in a thread here, I don't think I'm going to get zapped by PRSh.

It's well known that I don't know how to behave very well though, so I don't know if you want to follow my lead.

Back