Dear PRS Dealers

I am totally with that.
Also I want to know only about guitars that you have in stock now, with actual pictures.
Not that ones that are from your distributor and you can have in 3/4 days.

I only want to know about guitars that I might want. Other people's interests are irrelevant to me. Use all that FB/Google targeting and hide all the Floyds from me.

As a big time offender of this issue I send my apologies, I certainly do know that its annoying. I want to make a quick note:

We mark items as ON HOLD and leave them in inventory until the sale is final. We do this because we have found a lot of end users assume when an item disappears from the site that its been sold and played on for the length of a long return period. We get a lot of people worried about this because of GC's lengthy return period. So, we like to leave it marked as 'on hold' hoping that folks know an item hasn't necessarily left our showroom...it may be on deposit etc....and sometimes deposits do fall through.

We leave our sold items on the website in a sold section as it is a huge traffic booster for our website. We also find customers use our sold listings to help them get ideas for custom orders...especially Private Stock...which is a huge help.

Also, our search function does bring up EVERYTHING. When you browse and click it does not. A new site will be built soon. But right now, the search function is very broad. A tip for our site is if you search and there is a price below the thumbnail - then its in stock. If the thumbnail comes up and theres no price underneath then it is a sold listing.

And sometimes...stuff falls through the cracks and we may accidentally leave a sold listing within the in stock inventory. Popular belief is that we are zombies at this shop...yet, we do make some human error here and there.

Last edited:
As a big time offender of this issue I send my apologies, I certainly do know that its annoying. I want to make a quick note:

We mark items as ON HOLD and leave them in inventory until the sale is final. We do this because we have found a lot of end users assume when an item disappears from the site that its been sold and played on for the length of a long return period. We get a lot of people worried about this because of GC's lengthy return period. So, we like to leave it marked as 'on hold' hoping that folks know an item hasn't necessarily left our showroom...it may be on deposit etc....and sometimes deposits do fall through.

We leave our sold items on the website in a sold section as it is a huge traffic booster for our website. We also find customers use our sold listings to help them get ideas for custom orders...especially Private Stock...which is a huge help.

Also, our search function does bring up EVERYTHING. When you browse and click it does not. A new site will be built soon. But right now, the search function is very broad. A tip for our site is if you search and there is a price below the thumbnail - then its in stock. If the thumbnail comes up and theres no price underneath then it is a sold listing.

And sometimes...stuff falls through the cracks and we may accidentally leave a sold listing within the in stock inventory. Popular belief is that we are zombies at this shop...yet, we do make some human error here and there.
Thanks for being so straight up, @Brian G! Looking forward to the new site and a better search. You always have such good builds and limited runs, it'd be a shame if they were completely unfindable.

I'm also a big fan of searches that accept grouped keywords and boolean operators (NOT, AND, OR) - I used to think Reverb didn't have any until an exchange with their support clued me in to their 'not:SE' syntax. Bear in mind that I'm an engineer, so my search-fu may not represent the general public...

Couldn't agree more. would love to see this practice come to an end. Also the practice of listing some "hot" new item seen at NAMM for the 1st time (probably a prototype) , when they know it won't be in stock for 3-6 months.....

Think I agreed before, and I'll agree again. Brian's has been the site that bothered me the most this way, though to be fair I haven't looked again in some time. I appreciate the comments he made, and I understand his reasoning behind showing guitars that are in the process of being sold, but haven't finalized yet. That said, I don't want to see sold guitars unless I ask to see sold guitars.

Back