Dear PRS Dealers

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
I don’t care about the inventory you no longer have for sale. I also don’t care if it was a cool guitar and you want the whole world to know you were the one who sold it. If the item is gone, nuke the ad. Keeping sold gear mixed with current inventory is a pain in the rear and a waste of my time.

Few things are more annoying than searching for (and finding) the guitar I want only to get to the bottom of the ad and find that its already sold. This seems to be a growing trend. Are you running a guitar shop or a museum?

Maybe create a SOLD section that is not commingled with current inventory?

/rant

I know of a few things more annoying than ads of ‘sold’ gear, but yes, that sure is annoying! I’m with ya!

Also...

I don’t want an email with a pic of a demo of a piece of gear that isn’t available to the public yet. Not that there’s anything wrong with whetting folks’ appetites, but geez, at least wait ‘til you have it in stock.

I actually think leaving them up is detrimental to sales, not a plus. When I see one that I wanted but is sold it seems to be a slap in the face. Like "we had the one you wanted but you were too slow and somebody else got it". "Now you have to choose from the left overs".

It's annoying but my guess is that they think that people might just click on the link(s) to guitars that they do have......;)

Completely agree. I've hit some sites where all the sold is mixed in with the others so therefore try to avoid those operations. I don't care what they used to have.

Agreed.

The worst for me is seeing a guitar I bought years ago still listed at the store. The listing has more details about the guitar than I really want strangers to know.
I lost a resale over this issue once

Back