Dead spot on SE acoustic..opinions needed

krb813

I'm relatively new to working on my own guitars. My SE acoustic has a dead spot at the 14th fret on the high E string. Do you think turning the truss rod a quarter-turn would do the trick? I had a friend do some previous adjustments but he is unavailable for a little while. What do you all think?

Was the dead spot there prior to the friend making adjustments?

I'm relatively new to working on my own guitars. My SE acoustic has a dead spot at the 14th fret on the high E string. Do you think turning the truss rod a quarter-turn would do the trick? I had a friend do some previous adjustments but he is unavailable for a little while. What do you all think?
I have this same problem with my A55e, you need to humidify it in the case above 45 percent relative humifuty for a week. The dead spot will go away.

Was the dead spot there prior to the friend making adjustments?
There was a dead spot previously at the 12th fret. That is now gone. Just the 14th fret now. That's why I was thinking another quarter turn might help.

I have this same problem with my A55e, you need to humidify it in the case above 45 percent relative humifuty for a week. The dead spot will go away.
I keep the humidity in my room where I have my guitars between 45 to 55% typically.

There was a dead spot previously at the 12th fret. That is now gone. Just the 14th fret now. That's why I was thinking another quarter turn might help.
Well it won’t hurt to try. Give it shot and see what happens. Can always move it back.

I vote humidity first. Then truss rod turn if still present. Acoustics are crazy sensitive to humidity.

Back