Customer Service At Certain Media Companies (NOT PRS)

Ever call your doctor and get this?

"Press one if you're calling from a hospital or doctor's office, press 2 if you're calling from a pharmacy, press 3 if you're someone we hardly care about at all and you need an appointment.... If you're actually sick and this is an emergency, tough luck. Call 911 or proceed to the nearest emergency room to be seen by someone who has no inkling of your medical history, and who you've never seen before."
Or please call an out of network ambulance service so you can be changed in excess of $20K for a 5 minute ride to your out of network hospital

and now for something completely different.

A long time ago...

I had a Crown Power amplifier that arrived bad out of the box.
(Channel 1 overheating)
I called Crown.
A live person picked up.
"Crown, Elkhart Indiana. How can I help you?"
I explained the problem.
"May I have your name and address please?"
I gave my name and address.
"Please hold. I promise I'll be back in a couple of minutes."
I hold on and he comes back on 3 minutes later.
"A replacement is on its way to you.
Where would you like us to pick up our defective amplifier?"

True story.

Crown was absolutely, 100%, quality stuff. I remember wanting one, but at the time I was still a student and couldn't afford it. They were an independent company with very high standards.

Now they're a Harman product, made in China.

So true.

But there are plenty of companies we pay a LOT to that offer no service at all. Looking at you, Comcast...:eek:

Concast is a trash company.

We’ve had them out eight times in the last 6 months. The last time we had an (unmasked) serviceman come into our house, he tried blaming their crap WiFi on our: Xmas tree lights, garage door opener, AT&T, us, and everything under the f@ckin sun besides their crap hardware.

I finally told the dude to go out to his “GD” truck and get us a new replacement router/modem (after he told us to go to a Comcast store and get a new one ourselves!) and what do ya know? The sh!t worked!

Honestly, if my wife wasn’t working from home and wasn’t so stressed about downtime (which I find ironic), I woulda switched carriers by now.

Also.. and this is for the peeps that have been to my crib: Comcast’s servicemen are a wildly diverse group of people, intelligence wise :p.

One of the goobers I had out to my house this summer talked to me for 20 mins about “fishing” in my “creek”. o_O

It’s literally a water drainage “creek”…. Ermahgerd-fookin-gerd! Where do they find some of these people?

Also.. and this is for the peeps that have been to my crib: Comcast’s servicemen are a wildly diverse group of people, intelligence wise :p.

One of the goobers I had out to my house this summer talked to me for 20 mins about “fishing” in my “creek”. o_O

It’s literally a water drainage “creek”…. Ermahgerd-fookin-gerd! Where do they find some of these people?

errrr What?!!!

It's not about catching fish, you know. It's how cold the beer is.

Sh!t.......I was gonna drop a line in there so we could have fish tacos

Crown was absolutely, 100%, quality stuff. I remember wanting one, but at the time I was still a student and couldn't afford it. They were an independent company with very high standards.

Now they're a Harman product, made in China.

I know.
It made me very sad to see that particular brand go down like that.
We used Crown amps exclusively, FOH, Monitors, everything.
I sold them all about 5 years ago.
They went fast and sold high.

It depends upon who is helping the insured determine what they “need.” Having a competent agent is worth 15% when you call with a significant claim.

Well, TBH, I used to have different insurance, but now have a separate company's policy for both car and renters. Anytime I've ever needed to speak with someone about modifying or upgrading my policy, a live person was there in only several phone prompts away.

Regards making a claim, I've experienced similar results. That being said, that was back in 2018. I don't know how my insurance carrier has dealt with customers more recently, and I really don't feel the need to test them on this, unless it might be for some real purpose.

That being said, my insurance premiums decreased when I switched carriers to my current insurance. And, the customer service improved. I don't know how this was possible, except that perhaps my current insurance might be considered better-rated than other carriers?

Reminds me of a story about a guy who was looking for a job at our store...the guy was a tad inept, and was the only guy I knew who could get a paper cut from TP. Of course, we hired him anyway, thinking his assets and talents would add to the company bottom line...;)

Well, TBH, I used to have different insurance, but now have a separate company's policy for both car and renters. Anytime I've ever needed to speak with someone about modifying or upgrading my policy, a live person was there in only several phone prompts away.

Regards making a claim, I've experienced similar results. That being said, that was back in 2018. I don't know how my insurance carrier has dealt with customers more recently, and I really don't feel the need to test them on this, unless it might be for some real purpose.

That being said, my insurance premiums decreased when I switched carriers to my current insurance. And, the customer service improved. I don't know how this was possible, except that perhaps my current insurance might be considered better-rated than other carriers?

It's not whether or not you speak to a "live person;" It's about that person's knowledge and the advice they give you. Fortunately, many people don't find out how badly insured they are unless they suffer a truly significant claim, or they talk to someone who understands insurance contracts and points out deficiencies. I saw coverage problems constantly over my 40+ year career. And while everyone likes to pay lower premiums, it matters what you get for your money (there are MANY variables).. I like to save money as much as the next guy, and maybe I'm different than most, but I've never shopped for doctors or lawyers based upon the lowest price. When I've had insureds leaving the area ask my advice on looking for new insurance, I tell them to pick an agent with good credentials. Simply being licensed is not enough in this complex line of work. I'd want to deal with a CPCU (Property and casualty) or a CLU (life). But I don't know; maybe we should choose our insurance based upon funny TV commercials.

Honestly, if my wife wasn’t working from home and wasn’t so stressed about downtime (which I find ironic), I woulda switched carriers by now.

You don't have to cancel first... We had Comcast and FIOS for about two weeks until I was satisfied, then it was adios Comcast. Had some problems w/them - had a less than optimal signal, so a guy put a filter on the line to clean it up. A few months later, bad signal, another guy took the filter off. The best was right after they bought our previous cable company. I had internet through them, but not TV. I came home from lunch on a work at home day to find I had no internet. Tried a bunch of different things, no luck. Called Comcast, they tried a bunch of diagnostics, no luck, set up a service call for (surprisingly) the next day. Went outside, and there was a filter on my line. I took it apart, and it was empty - not a filter, just a connector to interrupt the service. I connected it back up, internet was flying. Called Comcast back, asked the woman if there was an issue w/my account. She assured me there wasn't, so I told her what I found, what I did, and that everything was working. She assured me the account was good, and I could leave it connected like that until the service guy came out. He showed up the next morning and I met him outside and said, "I think I know what's going on." He shook his head and laughed, and said, "You have no idea how many of these things I'm taking off everyday." Turns out one of the first things Comcast was doing was sending crews out to every house, checking to see if they had a cable TV account, and if they had a signal and no cable TV account, they cut off the feed. Never mind that I had an internet account.

You don't have to cancel first... We had Comcast and FIOS for about two weeks until I was satisfied, then it was adios Comcast. Had some problems w/them - had a less than optimal signal, so a guy put a filter on the line to clean it up. A few months later, bad signal, another guy took the filter off. The best was right after they bought our previous cable company. I had internet through them, but not TV. I came home from lunch on a work at home day to find I had no internet. Tried a bunch of different things, no luck. Called Comcast, they tried a bunch of diagnostics, no luck, set up a service call for (surprisingly) the next day. Went outside, and there was a filter on my line. I took it apart, and it was empty - not a filter, just a connector to interrupt the service. I connected it back up, internet was flying. Called Comcast back, asked the woman if there was an issue w/my account. She assured me there wasn't, so I told her what I found, what I did, and that everything was working. She assured me the account was good, and I could leave it connected like that until the service guy came out. He showed up the next morning and I met him outside and said, "I think I know what's going on." He shook his head and laughed, and said, "You have no idea how many of these things I'm taking off everyday." Turns out one of the first things Comcast was doing was sending crews out to every house, checking to see if they had a cable TV account, and if they had a signal and no cable TV account, they cut off the feed. Never mind that I had an internet account.

Whut?!?! Nefarious.

Back