Custom Truss Rod Covers

gju5Qti.jpg
Holy Cross, Batman.....

Shark Inlay in Michigan. Scroll down to the 6th picture.

Thank you for that! Over the past two years, a dozen TRC/inlay people have turned down my idea for a TRC I want, I can't see how this guy could!! Seems like he is willing to do just about anything!!! And what I want is not even a 10th as complicated as that one you have ;~))

Thank you for that! Over the past two years, a dozen TRC/inlay people have turned down my idea for a TRC I want, I can't see how this guy could!! Seems like he is willing to do just about anything!!! And what I want is not even a 10th as complicated as that one you have ;~))
You're welcome! He was pretty willing to do almost anything. I don't recall how we got to the finished product though. Many back and forth emails. I think he sent me a mock up picture that I had to print and overlay on my headstock to make sure it would fit. It was 7 or 8 years ago. I can't recall what the turn around time was.

Good luck!

Not sure. When I go to his website now it says "Tribute page to Cliff Suttle/Shark Inlays" and is also "under construction." When I posted the link to his site back in September, it was still his site, not what it is now.
I thought about buying one from him, but hoo boy...it's a lot of dinero. For a TRC, I can blow that much, but maybe one day.

Good day to all. Any SE users here who are having custom made truss rod covers?
I would like to ask if you have the specific measurement of the line from the center of the screw hole to the bottom edge. I'm away from my SE at a measuring scale at the moment and I'm wondering if anyone has the dimensions. Many thanks! :)

Good day to all. Any SE users here who are having custom made truss rod covers?
I would like to ask if you have the specific measurement of the line from the center of the screw hole to the bottom edge. I'm away from my SE at a measuring scale at the moment and I'm wondering if anyone has the dimensions. Many thanks! :)

My SE CU24 was different than the SE Zach Myers I had. I don't know if it's a model thing, or that they changed it in production. You might want to get your own measurements to be 100% sure.

My SE CU24 was different than the SE Zach Myers I had. I don't know if it's a model thing, or that they changed it in production. You might want to get your own measurements to be 100% sure.
They changed the se to core sized truss rod covers at some point if I remember right.

My 2023 SE SAS took a custom TRC made for a USA PRS size just fine. SE Silver Sky do not take the core sized TRC, it is "shorter".

I had been watching some really nice ones from Rockdog's Custom Guitars n' Stuff on Reverb. However, they haven't listed any for a good while now so I am wondering if they stopped making them. They had some really nice looking stuff.

I thought that could be a possibility. Too bad we still can't post photos from the phone or I would show the one on my SE. Lol
Easy to post photos from my phone. I do it all the time. :)

Easy to post photos from my phone. I do it all the time. :)

But you are still using a 3rd party hosting service with a link, correct? My computer knows my flikr pw, but I can't seem to figure it out on my phone. So I'm stuck until I get home. Lol

Back