Custom Colour "Rust"

eugeneelgr

@eugeneelgr
Hey guys, new to the forum here. Been toying with the idea of a private stock custom 24, and I was wondering if you guys have seen anyone else doing this custom colour called "rust"?

I can't post a link yet as it's my first post, but a quick search for "PRS Private Stock Singlecut Hollowbody II (#1685) at World Guitars" will do it. I can't seem to find any other examples of this colour, and I would like to make a more informed decision when it comes to my colour choice.

Any help or discussion would be greatly welcomed :) Thank you!

No, but it’s gorgeous. If it’s private stock, you can say, I want it to look like that, and they’ll say, well it might look different if you don’t order the satin finish, and it will definitely look different if you get a different top wood, but yeah, we can do that.

I know right? It's like the perfect mix of pomegranate and tiger eye, pinkish brown. Yep I'm definitely be going with quilt maple for my top and most probably a satin finish. By the way, another question, but how do PRS do their satin finishes? Are they durable or a little more like an oil-rubbed finish?

Found the Chapman video, but really can't find pictures of it. Not sure the video does the color justice. Here is a screen grab:

LuAZGA9.jpg

Kevin

the pic looks like "Pomegranned"???

It does a little, but definitely less pink hues, a little more red and brown in there. I'm not nearly macho enough for pomegranate, so "rust" was a really nice middle ground imo.

I wonder if it's possible to ask for a quilt top as tightly grained as that, or better, get to choose your top from pictures.

It does a little, but definitely less pink hues, a little more red and brown in there. I'm not nearly macho enough for pomegranate, so "rust" was a really nice middle ground imo.

I wonder if it's possible to ask for a quilt top as tightly grained as that, or better, get to choose your top from pictures.
If you choose a dealer that visits the vault, they can e-mail you or text you pictures of options from the vault, based on what you've described, and you can take your pick! Several of those dealers around these parts.

Kevin

Back