Custom 24

howil

What does everything think about the 35th Anniversary Customs? I had a difficult time choosing between the 35th and the 594, but ultimately I ordered the Custom 24 because of the switching options, plus I already have two great Les Pauls. I felt that having 3 vintage inspired instruments might be overkill. However, if the Custom 24 is as great as I think it will be, one of my Les Pauls may be leaving to make room for a 594!

I love both my 35th anniversary CU24 and my 594, very different animals, but great nonetheless

Absolutely love my 35th Anniversary Custom 24. You're going to love yours. The 594 is going to be a different animal tone wise as it has more of a vintage vibe and lower output pickups than the Custom. Still the 594 is a great versatile guitar with its independently splittable (via push pull tone pots) pickups.

What does everything think about the 35th Anniversary Customs? I had a difficult time choosing between the 35th and the 594, but ultimately I ordered the Custom 24 because of the switching options, plus I already have two great Les Pauls. I felt that having 3 vintage inspired instruments might be overkill. However, if the Custom 24 is as great as I think it will be, one of my Les Pauls may be leaving to make room for a 594!

The 594 has similar switching options - instead of 'micro switches', it has push/pull tone pots to give you the option of Split or full Humbuckers - just like the Custom 24-08. Its not 'exactly' the same of course, but ultimately you get the same '8' selection options because each HB can be Split individually.

There is a difference still though as the Pups, neck, scale, bridge etc are all different so you get different tones. The neck pup of a Cu24 is different because it sits under a different point under the strings. The,neck pup is closer to the Bridge than a 22 fret model so you get a bit more clarity and is used in '6' of the 8 pick-up selection options so its almost always making a difference. The Custom 24 is also a more 'modern' voiced instrument - especially compared to the more vintage inspired 594.

Custom 24 may well be your 'first' step into the PRS world but its rarely the last... LOL

Custom 24 for me IS IT. Does everything, ease of upper fret access, light, it just make me better.

I have had or played every PRS and I choose CU24.

Back