Custom 24 stoptail?

I was under the impression that I could order a stoptail on a CU24 or a CU22 anytime I wanted. When I run across any stoptails, they are usually CU22's. I can never get the tremolo bridges as low as I would like them to be but the stoptails can get really low. I think I'd prefer a stoptail on all my guitars actually, but they aren't stock and I don't want to wait to get one exactly the way I'd want it made.

The serial number dates to 1999. There is no "10" on the headstock but the top looks pretty spectacular to me! There were no tags or other documentation with it; it was used, and came in a plain black case that was in decent shape. The case had a MODCAT(?) taped to the side that said "PHCUBWTSEG" and I'm not sure what that means.
There is some fret wear and the fretboard could use some conditioner. The frets could use some polishing as well. But the neck feels great, it plays wonderfully, and it sounds huge!

Sweet guitar with a great top. Very surprised it's not a 10. And this is one of my favorite colors, but I'm a little biased.

I am really digging this guitar! I played a CU22, with the trem, and didn't really care for the HFS or Vintage Bass pickups. But in this guitar they sound HUGE! It must be the lightweight wraparound bridge, plus the extra wood. This guitar growls like an angry beast on the low end, and upper ranges are thick and chewy, yet present. It's super cool!

The stoptail effect is very real. Why it's not more popular, I don't understand.

The stoptail effect is very real. Why it's not more popular, I don't understand.
Me neither.

Would love to see the stop tail on a Custom 24 at least as an Artist Package option.
IMHO just adding a stop tail to a regular Cu24 shouldn't be something you have to bother the good guys from the Private stock team with ;)

You can go with a P24 if you want to avoid PS prices. At least the initial run was without a trem.

Here's a pic of the prototype.
022_zps1xv232nj.jpg

Not to throw fuel on your GAS fire, but I played mine last night and found that it has an unexpected ability as a time machine. I had just started playing and when I looked up 2 hours had passed. If you are patient, you can find them used. I'm happy I did.

Back