Cupid, Draw Back Your Bow...

My wife is going to meet me at work for lunch - we're going to Chick Fil A. Yes, fast food. We like the Chick.

As for tomorrow night? Valentine's day with the 14, 12, 10 year old human children, and the 12 week old dog child!

You know, there's only one Chick-Fil-A in our region and it opened a couple years ago. Too many lines out the door back then, because of the grand-opening. And I've never personally tried their food. What could we expect if visiting Chick-Fil-A? Similar to McD's or Five Guys? Anyway, happy for you that you not need fork out a boatload for a served meal of filet, taters and asparagus...(don't let your wife read this...)

No disrespect to alantig. My response was based on another member's response who said something sketchy. Understood that it was joke, but even so, sometimes good fences make good neighbors. :)

I was joking, that while Alan may not be willing to call your mom, I was. Hadn't read the whole thread when I posted. Forgot that you haven't been here long enough to know how much some of us joke around on here.

It falls on Thursday this year so I'll have to cancel my date with the Palm sisters Rosy and Ruby. I have friends over every Thursday to play foosball, eat, drink, smoke and be merry. We've been doing it for over 30 years and at my place for the last 10. In the last ten years we've only had maybe 3 or 4 Thursdays we didn't get together.

So instead of a date I'll be with a few friends also not on a date, but having fun :)

I was joking, that while Alan may not be willing to call your mom, I was. Hadn't read the whole thread when I posted. Forgot that you haven't been here long enough to know how much some of us joke around on here.

Hear ya, but it's not always possible to know just from what someone writes. Though like many of you, am not unfamiliar with internet forums, either. Though, thanks for the thoughts about Mom. A little old lady with her wits about her is only hazardous if she tries driving in heavy snow. One of the few times I might worry about her. I'd only guess how the heck she makes it home safely without her car being dented somehow.

Anyway, party on. Need to do some work & chores offline, and reading later. Enjoy yourselves, but be responsible and careful, please?

They are buying them. They were nice enough to line item each guitar with their offer and what they were going to list it for. They offered 70% of what they will list for. I am ok with that to avoid the hassle of listing, replying to all of the low ball offers, boxing, shipping fees, Reverb fees and payment fees. Plus, it's all gone in two trips over two days. No telling how long it would take me to sell all of them.
Sounds like a good way to go. I’m surprised your truck won’t hold 10 guitars. I’m sure jfb and I could fit 6 in my little VW, with our luggage for the Terror Tour.

Sounds like a good way to go. I’m surprised your truck won’t hold 10 guitars. I’m sure jfb and I could fit 6 in my little VW, with our luggage for the Terror Tour.

Oh, it will. Ten today, and ten Monday.

My wife is going to meet me at work for lunch - we're going to Chick Fil A. Yes, fast food. We like the Chick.

As for tomorrow night? Valentine's day with the 14, 12, 10 year old human children, and the 12 week old dog child!

My wife and I will likely end up at Chick-Fil-A for lunch today. Special occasion - not because it's Valentine's day, but because we missed our usual Tuesday lunch there because I had a doctor's appointment. We're regulars. Over-regulars, actually. To the point that a couple people there ask us where we've been if we don't go for a week.

And tonight, the bang! Then Young Sheldon after that, and maybe the Orville.

My evening will be filled with cleaning up the kitchen (sponges, dishrags, paper towels, etc), and waiting for more rain Friday. Methinks I will not need another drink this evening, the obligatory 2 beers is adequate.

Staying home, eating take out, and watching the tube. She's sick and I'm tired. We're just sick and tired. We don't put a lot into this day, as we try to share our love for each other, everyday. It's just another day for the Hallmark Cartel to pick my pocket, as far as I'm concerned.

After looking lovingly into each other’s eyes, we suited up and shoveled our driveway yet again and cleared that damn snow all the way to the street (we have a long driveway)! Neighborhood finally got a snowplow to come over (freelance) and tomorrow we’ll celebrate by leaving our house for the first time in over a week! It’s the shared experiences that matter most in life after all, right?!? Tonight we had baked chicken for dinner. Now we rest :)

Staying home, eating take out, and watching the tube. She's sick and I'm tired. We're just sick and tired. We don't put a lot into this day, as we try to share our love for each other, everyday. It's just another day for the Hallmark Cartel to pick my pocket, as far as I'm concerned.

Yet you still love each other. The greeting card business does seems to be right up there with chocolates and flowers...you're likely thankful you have a strong wife who loves you and knows you can enjoy your life with her. (P.S. I don't make this stuff up. I'm just an older guy like many of you who is waiting for spring so I can drag out the hedge trimmers and be sure my garden is a nice place neighbors can view from their own yards...)

After looking lovingly into each other’s eyes, we suited up and shoveled our driveway yet again and cleared that damn snow all the way to the street (we have a long driveway)! Neighborhood finally got a snowplow to come over (freelance) and tomorrow we’ll celebrate by leaving our house for the first time in over a week! It’s the shared experiences that matter most in life after all, right?!? Tonight we had baked chicken for dinner. Now we rest :)

If you're like what my family was like, you stomped the snow off your boots inside the mudroom, changed into something warm, lit a fire in your fireplace, and cozied up with a couple mugs of hot chocolate.

Today, my apartment doesn't have a fireplace, only some outdoor grills.

Friday in CT will be 50 ℉+ with a warm rain that will melt the snow from earlier this week. And I'll likely be rubbing on some pain relief cream this evening to ease my sleep. A bottle of water, perhaps a glass of wine, definitely some tea. I don't fool around, folks.

You married folks have each other. That bottle of wine is going to feel a lot better to you when it ages slightly...

Back