Cupid, Draw Back Your Bow...

Some candles, new lingerie, a sweet playlist of Sade and Barry White playing... a Mr. Turtle pool filled with chocolate pudding, and a smaller-ish pineapple.

The wife’s working late that night so I should have plenty of time to clean it up before she gets home... should be pretty sweet.

Um. I'd like to laugh, but don't desire to bring up chocolate and pineapples...

Selling guitars? Care to let us know why?

The Mrs is retiring May 1, three years earlier than we had planned for. I'm just trying to do the fiscally responsible thing. I mean, I don't really need 30 guitars. I have no business owning that many. I'll be hanging on to 8, or so. She keeps telling me that I don't have to sell them, and that she feels it is "her fault." But, losing almost $1,000 of recurring monthly payments is worth my peace of mind, and the "sacrifice." Besides, based on how she feels about it; a year from now, when I am comfortable with losing 50% of our monthly income, I'll buy some more guitars!

On actual Valentine's Day? Taking 10 guitars to a dealer to sell. Should make the wife happy. I'll be a little sad.

This weekend? Heart shaped tacos, of course!
Man... I'm not sure I could do that. It's almost like having to take your pet to the vet, if you catch my drift.:(

The Mrs is retiring May 1, three years earlier than we had planned for. I'm just trying to do the fiscally responsible thing. I mean, I don't really need 30 guitars. I have no business owning that many. I'll be hanging on to 8, or so. She keeps telling me that I don't have to sell them, and that she feels it is "her fault." But, losing almost $1,000 of recurring monthly payments is worth my peace of mind, and the "sacrifice." Besides, based on how she feels about it; a year from now, when I am comfortable with losing 50% of our monthly income, I'll buy some more guitars!

Understood. My life went through that phase several years ago, (though not anywhere close to retiring) where my savings were being depleted and my bills were still there. Some previous spendthrift PS purchases had caused all that. Lesson learned, and trying to reduce one's debt is also contingent on reducing one's luxury spending.

Much like your family, my family will need to budget more carefully and allocate funds to priority items (rent or mortgage, utilities, food, clothing, health, maintenance, etc), way before considering luxuries (new car w/ fancy power ashtrays, and powered driver mirror, or truck with dual header exhaust and Dukes of Hazard airhorns :rolleyes:o_O)

FTR, I'm not out of money myself. Am just watching what comes in and what goes out.

Yes, I'm giving folks the "look."

Is the dealer buying them, or taking them on consignment?

They are buying them. They were nice enough to line item each guitar with their offer and what they were going to list it for. They offered 70% of what they will list for. I am ok with that to avoid the hassle of listing, replying to all of the low ball offers, boxing, shipping fees, Reverb fees and payment fees. Plus, it's all gone in two trips over two days. No telling how long it would take me to sell all of them.

Man... I'm not sure I could do that. It's almost like having to take your pet to the vet, if you catch my drift.:(

I get where you're going. Having been there a couple of times, this is not even close. Still, there are a couple that will be missed more than other. Still, I'll be hanging on to some cool guitars.

Nice idea, but I'm not calling your Mom.
Sorry CP, but some people will just not go the extra mile to be friendly.

I, on the other hand, WILL. Give her her number and I'll call her.

Bodia - respect! That's a very tough decision, but a smart one!
After the dust settles, you might miss the sacrificed from time to time, but that will also open the door for new & different replacements.
Life is a journey, and all that...

That's freakin' awesome!:cool:
I mean... yeah, it sorta is. Not NEARLY as awesome as what I have planned. ;) But, statistically speaking, I only have about a 1 in 10 chance of my "plans" working out, so I guess yours does sound pretty good after all, with it's 100% success ratio.

My wife is going to meet me at work for lunch - we're going to Chick Fil A. Yes, fast food. We like the Chick.

As for tomorrow night? Valentine's day with the 14, 12, 10 year old human children, and the 12 week old dog child!

Sorry CP, but some people will just not go the extra mile to be friendly.

I, on the other hand, WILL. Give her her number and I'll call her.

No disrespect to alantig. My response was based on another member's response who said something sketchy. Understood that it was joke, but even so, sometimes good fences make good neighbors. :)

On actual Valentine's Day? Taking 10 guitars to a dealer to sell. Should make the wife happy. I'll be a little sad.

This weekend? Heart shaped tacos, of course!

Dang brother, she finally kicked you the rest of the way out of "your" music room, didn't she? I knew when you told us she started piling stuff in there "because of the new windows" this wasn't going to end well for you... :D;)

Bodia - respect! That's a very tough decision, but a smart one!
After the dust settles, you might miss the sacrificed from time to time, but that will also open the door for new & different replacements.
Life is a journey, and all that...

Thanks, man!

Dang brother, she finally kicked you the rest of the way out of "your" music room, didn't she? I knew when you told us she started piling stuff in there "because of the new windows" this wasn't going to end well for you... :D;)

No doubt! I shoulda seen this coming!

Back