Core Trem Bar Without the Plastic Tip Possible?

tedtan

Anyone know if it’s possible to order a tremolo bar for the core trem without the plastic tip (e.g., just the metal bar, like on a Floyd Rose)?

Thanks.

I believe they are smooth when you take the tip off. At least the one I have was when I was trying to change the tip. Not sure how they attach those tips though - it was nearly impossible to get off.

I changed 4: got them off with hair dryer heat. They were replaced with smooth wooden knobs. I tend to ride the bar, and the seam kept triggering my ADHD mid solo live. They are smooth. Just heat it, pull the tip off, and rock on.
Thanks for confirming that!

Thanks, everyone.

I think I’ll start by removing the tip on the bar I already have and see how that goes.

I had two spares here so I did a bit of experimenting. First tip came off easily with a hair dryer. Second one not so much - had to cut it off. It may have come off with the hair dryer eventually but I lost patience with it.

We offer them with or without tips. The arm itself has a full radius at the end.

That's my only complaint about removing the tip from the standard PRS bar - the end of the bar is flat with a small bevel around the edge rather than radiused/hemispherical, so it's good to know that you offer a radiused option.

Back