Considering selling DGT for CU24 - Blasphemy?

The DGT won't sound like a Lester, it has it's own mojo. I did play a 594 Singlecut yesterday that was very LP like!.. So sell me the DGT (make it a good price) BTW, what color?

...then move the DGT either to another category or out the door...

69540014.jpg

DGT, Les Paul, Custom 24. Add a Vela and you have the Quartet of Awesome! Add a 335 and you’ve got a Mind Blowing Five Way! See why I sell nothing? I look in the living room and see no way of moving anything.

I've owned an embarrassing number of Les Pauls over the years, still own one, and have a DGT. They really aren't the same to me. Scale length, trem, etc all contribute to the sound imo. I found the old SC that I used to own much closer to a LP than the DGT. Really if you want a LP then get one, nothing else is exactly a LP. Better or worse is subjective.

I think we can pound a stake through the heart of this thread.
I PM'd him the OP. he sold the DGT, his trifecta is a complete disasterous mess.

he is going to just keep buying guitars and turning them over like the rest of us.
we may now bury dracula deep into the ground he is dead never to rise again. the zombie is gone

I've been down this road. I thought I needed to have a LP in my stable. After owning two and one V I grew tired of the clumsy layout of a Gibson. I just struggle to play one and I could not get any of the three Gs to stay in tune very well.

I had a lot of different guitars in my stable at that time too. Ibanez, Gibson, Kramer Fender, Charvel, G&L...........my wife bought me a used 2000 Mccarty because I thought that would be a great alternative to a LP and had been thinking about purchasing one.

Although I didn't bond with the Mccarty bridge pickup I loved how the guitar felt and played. I've modded it to the point that it is perfect to me. No amount of modding could ever get a LP to perfection like my Mccarty.

Today I have mainly PRS guitars and I only gig with prs guitars. They are comfortable to play, stay in tune, look fabulous and sound great. I can't possibly afford to own all the models I want but I have a great collection so I'm happy for now.

So, think hard before you let that DGT go. Prs makes really good guitars that will stand the test of time.

One last thing, I loved the way my LP classic sounded but after owning prs guitars my taste shifted to PAF style pickups and I've learned to use volume AND tone pots to my advantage.

I'm better off.

Back