color of the month

horax

Ok, so what exactly IS the color of the month?

I have an S2 singlecut color of the month with birds (usually only dots). Talking to PRS they just said it was limited release, but no understanding on how it is chosen, why, or how many.

They alluded to 12 total of each color, but what do we know for certain about these things?
Does it make any guitar more collectible?

PRS seems to have a lot of "limited" releases. I seriously doubt any have collectability unless they come from the PS shop. And even then, not very likely IMO.

Besides, we're all collecting as many random PRSi as we can...

When they do things like this, they usually announce it at the time but many times the info doesn't stay on the web site after their sold. I remember seeing something about color of the month S2s and there were 12 of each color. Where are you located? One thing I read came from England where they were talking about some limited COTM models.

When they do things like this, they usually announce it at the time but many times the info doesn't stay on the web site after their sold. I remember seeing something about color of the month S2s and there were 12 of each color. Where are you located? One thing I read came from England where they were talking about some limited COTM models.
I'm in Colorado, USA.
I bought mine online from a dealer in Georgia, USA who got it as a NAMM sample. (see my avatar)

None of this stuff matters. What makes a guitar valuable has very little to do with how many were made, and I say this as a guy who’s got three limited edition private stock models.

The reason to buy them isn’t collectibility (or collectability, depending on spelling preference).

Last edited:
They do so many one off and small batch finishes now.

If I were a collector I'd love to just collect the unique ones, because I think they're interesting. "Collectible" means different things to different people, though.

Do we have a list of all the color of the month colors?

Were they only on the s2’s?

Back