Coincidence or Cosmic Wonder?

frankb56

My wife and I like to check out the fireworks over Long Island Sound every Fourth of July. Last year, there was a terrible tragedy. A party boat capsized in the middle of the sound, three small children where trapped and died. This year, we went to our usual spot in Oyster Bay and because of last year's tragedy, most of the organized firework displays were cancelled. However, my wife pointed out to me these strange looking orange orbs. At first, I chided her and told her they were just helicopters. However, the more we looked, the more we realized these were strange objects. They came in out of focus, grew larger and then smaller and just moved in odd ways. Someone captured them on video and posted them as a UFO sighting. I'm not one that believes in the supernatural.....but could they be the spirits of the three children that died exactly one year before, same site? I was spooked.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same thing happen in Wildwood NJ last 4th of July. I saw the same type of "UFO's" as you - until I grabbed my sons binoculars! :p

I love the little girl saying, "I thought we were supposed to do this as a family."

Kids are always interfering with Dad's fun!

Back