Charcoal Burst and black pickup rings

CoffeeDude

The Charcoal Burst is a great colour across the PRS range but does anyone think it looks better with black pickup rings, or is it just me? I'm thinking since the back and sides are solid black, black pickup rings may be more, harmonious, with the rest of the look especially uncovered pickups.

Natural maple rings would be awesome to match the binding, but now I'm just being nit-picky :biggrin:

I agree 100%. Its a minor detail that makes a big difference. I think a lot of people find black rings too aggressive but I've always found it classy.

I prefer black rings a lot of the time. Although, I haven't changed them on either of my charcoal burst guitars. :dontknow:

I agree 100%. Its a minor detail that makes a big difference. I think a lot of people find black rings too aggressive but I've always found it classy.

Aggressive can be classy Mike. :tongue:

I prefer black rings a lot of the time. Although, I haven't changed them on either of my charcoal burst guitars. :dontknow:

Make it happen vchizz.

I'm diggin' the black pickup rings and black hardware on south89's (Matt's) PS...

DSC_0086_zps74f1d3c0.jpg

Ugh, I wish PRS sold black hardware outside of PS.... even in the PRS store.

I have a charcoal burst with cream pickup rings. I hadn't considered swapping them for black, great idea, thanks!

It's a good thing nickel/gold are quite versatile, ey?

Right, of course! Didn't think of that :laugh:

Hmm, somehow I think for lighter finishes white or cream is still more suitable. Natural maple will be great! Or, in this case, nickel all the way :rock:

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic. Black works well for the light colors , too.
On the left a white wash finish with Black rings.
On the right Vintage White with white rings but with the exposed black pickups.
In the middle Charcoal with no rings, black pickups.

Whiteash_Charcoal_VintageWhite_zps6e169ea3.jpg

Back