Changing tunings with a trem model

Stm113

I’m looking at buying 2 PRS guitars, here’s my issue.

I normally play in 4 different tunings.

Standard
Drop Db - 1/2 down then drop low string
Drop C - whole step down then drop low string
Drop B - 1 1/2 steps down and drop low string

What I’d like to be able to do is have 1 guitar that will be primarily Drop Db then tune up to standard when I need it from time to time. The other guitar be tuned in Drop C primarily, then down to B from time to time. I know intonation is a concern which I’ll address for recording but for normal performance won’t be a big issue, at least it hasn’t with the guitars I currently use in this way.

My concern is that all the PRS that I am interested in are models with trems. I’m not a trem guy so I’m not interested in the functionality. If I get something like Trem-No from all parts and set it on full block, will it allow me to do this?

Thanks for your help!

I’m looking at buying 2 PRS guitars, here’s my issue.

I normally play in 4 different tunings.

Standard
Drop Db - 1/2 down then drop low string
Drop C - whole step down then drop low string
Drop B - 1 1/2 steps down and drop low string

What I’d like to be able to do is have 1 guitar that will be primarily Drop Db then tune up to standard when I need it from time to time. The other guitar be tuned in Drop C primarily, then down to B from time to time. I know intonation is a concern which I’ll address for recording but for normal performance won’t be a big issue, at least it hasn’t with the guitars I currently use in this way.

My concern is that all the PRS that I am interested in are models with trems. I’m not a trem guy so I’m not interested in the functionality. If I get something like Trem-No from all parts and set it on full block, will it allow me to do this?

Thanks for your help!
Yes.

Other options involve a removable wood block, more springs, etc.

The removable block looks OK for the trem, but how do you deal with neck relief?

Back