CE24 DW

Thank you, sir! I had sold my boat earlier this year and had a fixed amount to increase my # of PRSi, this one fit into the remainder after my 1st two choices (594 WL and Paul's WL) - and it surprised me straight out of the gig bag, or straight out of Compton, I can't remember anymore :p

I was once told by a boat owner that the two happiest days of of boat owners life are the day he buys his boat and the day he sells his boat.

I was once told by a boat owner that the two happiest days of of boat owners life are the day he buys his boat and the day he sells his boat.

This couldn't be more true! Never again will I own a boat unless I don't live on it. The idea leisure wasn't worth the headache.

Thank you, sir! I had sold my boat earlier this year and had a fixed amount to increase my # of PRSi, this one fit into the remainder after my 1st two choices (594 WL and Paul's WL) - and it surprised me straight out of the gig bag, or straight out of Compton, I can't remember anymore :p

Welcome! Great change up! The boat for guitars and the guitar in the collection. My guitars have brought me far less stress than a boat ever did. Don't get me wrong loved my boats but much more at peace to grab a guitar from the wall and just play. I think your DW fits into a collection so well and the satin is understated brilliance next to its fancy siblings. Good job and enjoy!!!

These are so sick. I absolutely love the satin finish and the maple board on these (really wish PRS did more maple boards). Well done gents, very cool guitars.

I’m a huge Between the Buried and Me fan, but I just can’t get along with a Floyd... Ended up going with a Sweetwater Satin CE24 instead, which I absolutely love. Still lusting after that maple board though...

These are so sick. I absolutely love the satin finish and the maple board on these (really wish PRS did more maple boards). Well done gents, very cool guitars.

I’m a huge Between the Buried and Me fan, but I just can’t get along with a Floyd... Ended up going with a Sweetwater Satin CE24 instead, which I absolutely love. Still lusting after that maple board though...

Nice! I do wish PRS would do more satin and natural finishes. I would totally consider a DW for next year...if only they didnt have the Floyd.

Nice! I do wish PRS would do more satin and natural finishes. I would totally consider a DW for next year...if only they didnt have the Floyd.

I couldn't agree more about the satin finish and maple. The satin necks plays so smooth and nice. I've been known to do it to a few of my guitars post purchase. I can't bring myself to do it myself to a PRS. It's funny the other day I did a maple neck strat without a thought, like jumping on a bike but every time I even start to think it for a PRS danger lights start flashing in my head.

I couldn't agree more about the satin finish and maple. The satin necks plays so smooth and nice. I've been known to do it to a few of my guitars post purchase. I can't bring myself to do it myself to a PRS. It's funny the other day I did a maple neck strat without a thought, like jumping on a bike but every time I even start to think it for a PRS danger lights start flashing in my head.
Lol. I know what you mean. I’d love to see how my cu24 would feel with the finish sanded off the neck. But I will NEVER find out.

I definitely am not missing the boat, fishing in this area (we moved here 2 years ago) did NOT meet expectations, to say the least. Should've done better research, but hey, it worked out really well in the end!

And I must say I don't get the Floyd hate. I had one back in the mid-80's and didn't really understand it, and never got any good at guitar. This DW CE24 was my next Floyd, and I didn't have to do anything other than adjust the spring screws to re-flatten for my preferred 1/2 step down tuning. I dig the low profile and the tuning stability and have zero regrets.

I definitely am not missing the boat, fishing in this area (we moved here 2 years ago) did NOT meet expectations, to say the least. Should've done better research, but hey, it worked out really well in the end!

And I must say I don't get the Floyd hate. I had one back in the mid-80's and didn't really understand it, and never got any good at guitar. This DW CE24 was my next Floyd, and I didn't have to do anything other than adjust the spring screws to re-flatten for my preferred 1/2 step down tuning. I dig the low profile and the tuning stability and have zero regrets.

I agree about Floyds. They get a bad rap that people go into it thinking headaches and frustration. I admitted I was one of those people that quickly my mind was changed. Then after the honeymoon, string change time... best advice given to me was one string at a time. You can even get away without blocking the trem, but I still do. Its no more time consuming to change strings on floyd than anything else now. Just be sure to stretch them good like I would any other time...

Back