CE24 DW

You-S4-It

I've owned a lot of guitars including many PRSi and tend to be a singlecut guy but have to admit, this might be my favorite in overall smile per $ by a long shot. This guitar really surprised me as I had a bunch of 90's superstrats and even a similar Reclaimed Limited CE24. The neck is super comfortable, the Mojotone pickups are really quite articulate even under heavy overdrive/distortion and the 5 way has some unique sound options.

I know Floyds are pretty polarizing but seriously, go take a CE24 DW for a spin if you get a chance.
...Or maybe you shouldn't so the prices will go down and I can buy a few more in different colors!
I know Sergio would strongly recommend I need a blue one.;)

Where are all those other closet DW owners?!?!?
C'mout, c'mout wherever you are!
50332067116_fa08a9fd79_z.jpg

I haven’t played one, but they look like great guitars. Congratulations and enjoy it!

Killer looking great guitars! The DW is as cool as it gets.. I'm a fan of floyds, not for my only guitar but a fan for sure. I had always avoided them from the horror stories of the floyd hating crowd. My cousin on the other hand kept pushing me to get one, saying nothing but praise. He was right, they are awesome! First thing I did was call him and say "where has Floyd been all my life?" Yes the inital setup can be time consuming but not difficult if done correctly, a simple string change takes a certain order, one at a time vs all is life changing, and forget about tuning changes on the fly (why one could never be my only guitar) In the end the stability and enjoyment is well worth it once you understand the beast.

I'd love to add a DW to the collection. I've been thinking about a CE and enjoyed the heck out of playing a few with the satin neck. It checks those boxes. Killer looks, black hardware, and a maple neck too! I think my biggest compaint is the gig bag. Come on for that price you think they'd include a case..

Not DW but here's my contribution to the PRS Floyd show

Screenshot_20200916-105358_Gallery36ec10baf10bb84e.jpg

Screenshot_20200916-105329_Galleryb95e3a0a8651c722.jpg

Very lovely! I believe the red is a SE Torero, if I'm not mistaken. Not big into the EMG stuff, but I loved the finish colors on those. I do have a sorta PRS-ish floyd project. Its an Agile I picked up earlier this year. Somebody dropped this thing from the moon, but it plays pretty well all things considered. Its virtually identical to an SE from WMI in Korea, save for the larger top carve. I'm pretty much just going to gut it and practice doing repair work and pot installation stuff on it, along with being a cheapo way of learning about Floyds.

Spoiler Alert: I have learned "Floyd Rose", when translated, means "Pain in the Neck".

I've toyed around with the idea of getting one. I have a Charvel Model 6 with a Floyd Rose on it. I've never had to adjust the intonation which I am glad for since it looks to be quite the chore.

Anybody know if a D-Tuna will fit on the DW Floyd?

Oops. Just looked closer at the OP's picture. Is that a D-Tuna on it? Does it come that way?

Oops. Just looked closer at the OP's picture. Is that a D-Tuna on it? Does it come that way?
It's an add on Tone Vise Pitch Shifter which does the drop D for me. You still need a black box/ESP arming adjuster/tremel-no/trem stopper, etc. to keep the pitch close.

Because the floyd is recessed down into the body pretty deep on the DW, I'm not sure a full length D-Tuna would fit in the rear pocket without routing. While it might be hard to see from the top view pic, the floyd locking screws (red titanium screws I got from FU-Tone) are partially sitting in the recessed rout cavity already.

Last edited:
The issue with a D-Tuna is you have to block the trem for dive only or route the body. Even then clearance between the body and it is pretty slim possibly marking up rhe body anyhow.

Very lovely! I believe the red is a SE Torero, if I'm not mistaken. Not big into the EMG stuff, but I loved the finish colors on those. I do have a sorta PRS-ish floyd project. Its an Agile I picked up earlier this year. Somebody dropped this thing from the moon, but it plays pretty well all things considered. Its virtually identical to an SE from WMI in Korea, save for the larger top carve. I'm pretty much just going to gut it and practice doing repair work and pot installation stuff on it, along with being a cheapo way of learning about Floyds.

Spoiler Alert: I have learned "Floyd Rose", when translated, means "Pain in the Neck".
Love me some Torero, and Agile. I have Al2000 and it’s a sound guitar.

Love me some Torero, and Agile. I have Al2000 and it’s a sound guitar.

Agiles are cool. Generally if you see a used one around $200-$300, it could be a good buy. They're well built, and fun to upgrade, but have like no resale value except to people that know what they are. Same with Dillion or those Wolf ones from Rondo. I think all of em are from World Music Instruments.

Go figure this tho: The Gotoh Floyd I bought as an upgrade on mine is worth more than what I paid for the guitar. o_O

Not to derail the glory of the DW thread..

Correct! A black cherry Torero. I love the guitar. Its a different breed of PRS but its awesome all the same. I like active pups, not for eveyday but when you overdrive them hard the the articulation is there that I can't get from a passive used the same way. The cleans are well overly clean to me almost sterile but thats not what I typically use them for.

Agile is a brand I'm fond of too, at least their LPs, unmatched qualify for the price. I went through a big LP phase and outside of the high high dollar ones I'd always pick it over any of them. I'll never part with my AL3000. Funny I put some HFS/VB pups in it and I couldnt be happier. I've tried lots of pups in there too but these are there to stay.

I'm looking forward to your agile project, that guitar has alway interested me. The good news is floyds are only time consuming to get set up. Once done solid and worry free as can be. Well worth the fun you can only have with a floyd.

Not to derail the glory of the DW thread..

Correct! A black cherry Torero. I love the guitar. Its a different breed of PRS but its awesome all the same. I like active pups, not for eveyday but when you overdrive them hard the the articulation is there that I can't get from a passive used the same way. The cleans are well overly clean to me almost sterile but thats not what I typically use them for.

Agile is a brand I'm fond of too, at least their LPs, unmatched qualify for the price. I went through a big LP phase and outside of the high high dollar ones I'd always pick it over any of them. I'll never part with my AL3000. Funny I put some HFS/VB pups in it and I couldnt be happier. I've tried lots of pups in there too but these are there to stay.

I'm looking forward to your agile project, that guitar has alway interested me. The good news is floyds are only time consuming to get set up. Once done solid and worry free as can be. Well worth the fun you can only have with a floyd.

You know, I might be on the hunt for an Agile LP soon. My Epi LP has finally been put into retirement. Kinda miss having one, and some of those new Epi's I hear are really well made, but I just cant bring myself to fork over any coin to Gibson.

The Agile Floyd project...oh boy, my main issue was once I set the trem in, it wouldnt hold tune. I managed to get it to go back to pitch when divebombing, but when using the trem in the opposite way, it just wont go back to pitch. It stays sharp. I've got to fiddle with it a bit more, but I'll need time and booze, and both are in low supply.

You know, I might be on the hunt for an Agile LP soon. My Epi LP has finally been put into retirement. Kinda miss having one, and some of those new Epi's I hear are really well made, but I just cant bring myself to fork over any coin to Gibson.

The Agile Floyd project...oh boy, my main issue was once I set the trem in, it wouldnt hold tune. I managed to get it to go back to pitch when divebombing, but when using the trem in the opposite way, it just wont go back to pitch. It stays sharp. I've got to fiddle with it a bit more, but I'll need time and booze, and both are in low supply.

I can honestly say not a single epi I've seen or played compares to my 10+ year old Agile LP. From the moment you pick one up you can feel the difference, heck even see the difference before you grab it. I've been on a guitar store tear too the past couple months, since they've been opening back up. Some of the highend gibsons have but not an epi. That said I have thought some of the newer epi's were nicer than some of the entry gibsons.

Last edited:
I love mine, a black satin with natural back - acquired from Brian's earlier this year. It screams man!
uc
uc
uc

Thats one killer looking guitar! I've been back to look at it I can't count how many times. Simple, clean, and all just works so damn smooth together. I dig it!!!

Thats one killer looking guitar! I've been back to look at it I can't count how many times. Simple, clean, and all just works so damn smooth together. I dig it!!!
Thank you, sir! I had sold my boat earlier this year and had a fixed amount to increase my # of PRSi, this one fit into the remainder after my 1st two choices (594 WL and Paul's WL) - and it surprised me straight out of the gig bag, or straight out of Compton, I can't remember anymore :p

Back