CE24 2017- what is the correct pickup positions?

rickyk

hi everyone, new to the forum, but been playing a PRS SE Tremonti for about 3 years now.

I have GAS and tried out a 2017 CE24 at PMT House of Rock in East London, and absolutely fell in love (whale blue... stunning) but was suprised that the guitars selector was wired like this:

bridge humbucker > bridge + neck > neck coil tapped

in other words, the neck was full humbucking with the tone pot pulled up, rather than in the default down position.

is that right? I asked the guy in the store and he was as confused as me, and it was brand new from the factory.

Push pull down should be humbucking for both pickups and up should be singles.

Easy fix which the dealer should correct if it isn't right.

hi everyone, new to the forum, but been playing a PRS SE Tremonti for about 3 years now.

I have GAS and tried out a 2017 CE24 at PMT House of Rock in East London, and absolutely fell in love (whale blue... stunning) but was suprised that the guitars selector was wired like this:

bridge humbucker > bridge + neck > neck coil tapped

in other words, the neck was full humbucking with the tone pot pulled up, rather than in the default down position.

is that right? I asked the guy in the store and he was as confused as me, and it was brand new from the factory.
Unless it was modded like that on purpose (which I could see), no that don't sound right. Are you saying the neck coil is always tapped? Because then it might just be a cold solder joint on the other coil. Those are the two explanations that spring to mind -- 1. wires crossed; 2. loose connection; 3. modded on purpose. Alright, three.

Pretty sure its just switching one wire on the P/P pot...I did this on one of my older swamps (early 2000's), so its in single coil mode when down...

Back