Carr Mercury V with the PRS CE24 (video)

57Strat777

After months of drooling over the Carr Mercury V, I ordered one. It seems to be the perfect amp. Marshall circuit, 2 x 6V6, built-in attenuator, blend-able dual input (High & Low), killer reverb and more.

Here's a quick video with my PRS CE24 with the attenuator set at about 1 watt.

Sweet! Love that Carr too. Had the pleasure of listening to one up close a few months back. Had me looking for a used one. Still do.

Sweet! Love that Carr too. Had the pleasure of listening to one up close a few months back. Had me looking for a used one. Still do.

I too looked for a used one but since this amp just launched this year and many reviews are saying it is one of the best amps ever made, used are tough to find. A guy on TGP sold a combo a couple of months ago because he decided he wanted the head version. That's the only used one I've seen for sale in the last couple of months. There seems to be plenty of the old Mercury on the used market, but that amp is not the same amp as the new V version

I too looked for a used one but since this amp just launched this year and many reviews are saying it is one of the best amps ever made, used are tough to find. A guy on TGP sold a combo a couple of months ago because he decided he wanted the head version. That's the only used one I've seen for sale in the last couple of months. There seems to be plenty of the old Mercury on the used market, but that amp is not the same amp as the new V version

Yep, I hear ya. The new V is certainly all that, and more! I'll be patient................maybe

Back