Carlos playing a gold single cut for superbowl?

Very cool! I saw that live as well. I thought it was a 24 Fret Singlecut, I have seen him playing a different one before (on YouTube Videos).

I am a little focused on the topic of a PRS 24 Fret Singlecut, as I just got a Private Stock one last week, and I really dig it!! ;)

Noticing here also that the body is much thinner than a Singlecut, more like McCarty Thickness. Went back and watched the video again, you could definitely notice that when looking for it.

My wife and I both thought he said he intended to drink a lot of 'beer', not 'Budweiser'... I'd have to see a replay...

He said both - in the on-field interview, he went directly to drinking a lot of Budweiser. On the podium, he said beer first, then Budweiser.

Cam Newton apparently was going to drink Coors at the press conference, but he backed off. :p

I think the Lady Gaga anthem hate is more a product of peoples prejudice towards her stage appearance.

I come from a musical family, including 2 professionally trained singers. I've heard a lot of vocals in my life. Aside from ONE small iffy part, I thought her rendition was one of the best I've ever heard....period.
+1 - that lady can sing!

I did see Santana and the gold guitar but don't remember if it had the Santana headstock or the standard one. I said "look it's a PRS" to my wife and she said, "yep, I see the birds". I thought the announcers said something about it being his home town.

As for Lady Gaga. I think she did a good job singing the anthem but was very turned off by the way she seemed to say " I nailed that! I'm the greatest". It happens at the very end. I know I'm putting my own perception on her and really have no idea what she actually was thinking but it certainly appeared that way.

Cold play did a good job as did Bruno but I have never really cared for Beyoncé. Plus I think she should have put some clothes on, I didn't think she looked good at all.

carlos%20super%20bowl_zpslhbbv226.jpg

It is a Santana headstock. Couldn't figure out how to link the video...google "Carlos Santana super Bowl highlights" and it comes up.

I was driving during the halftime.... so I just watched it online.

meh.

Not awful, not wonderful. Also not anything I'd pay money to see.

The 'singing' was ok - not my kind of music.

The dancing was better - lots of energy, good coordination.

but still meh...

The Santana clip, however... BANGIN'!

Inspired me to put some lighted candles on my Mesa King Snake...(fake led candles of course)...

I think the Lady Gaga anthem hate is more a product of peoples prejudice towards her stage appearance.

well sir, I DONT hate lady gaga, and it has NOTHING to do with her stage appearance. just because some people's opinion's don't agree with your's, it doesent make us HATE mongers. I thought the version sucked, and would have felt the same way if my mother sang it that way!

Back