Can you help me identify this PRS guitar model?

andretoscano

Hi everyone!

I might be on a verge of making a very good deal (or not... depends on what *you* guys tell me...) by purchasing a PRS for a good price.

However, I don't know the actual owner of the guitar, only contacted him through an ad. And he didn't provide much description, other than telling me it was a "PRS 22 Custon" (typo and everything... his words).

Could someone please have a look at these pictures and tell me what model are we talking about?

Thanks!

Best regards.
André

prs_1.jpg

prs_2.jpg

prs_3.jpg

prs_4.jpg

judging by the bird inlays on the fretboard, I'm willing to bet it's a chinese knock-off. on a real PRS neck, the bird on the 5th fret is closer to the low E string than that with the wingtip almost touching the low E string, and the bottom of the bird body looking like it's sitting on the G string.

It's a fake. Headstock shape is wrong. Controls are in the wrong spot. truss rod cover is the wrong size. The bridge doesn't look right. PRS doesn't extend faux binding into the lower cutaway. I don't know what kind of wood that is, but PRS doesn't use it.

Looks like a Chinese knockoff to me. Aside from the bird mentioned above, binding on the neck was not something found on Custom 22's. All the hardware looks wrong too...non-locking tuners, uncovered pickups, and metal volume / tone knobs. All of that could have been customized, but is sill highly suspect. I would proceed with caution, see if the seller can get the serial number off of the back of the headstock.

oh yeah, didn't notice the giant truss rod cover and non-locking tuners. and yeah, that wood grain is SOOO not PRS wood.

Well, this was quick!
Saw the ad a couple of hours ago, got in touch with the seller a few minutes later, got a reply with a very nice price tag two minutes afterwards, came here, asked the question and got all these replies.
I suspect this is the first time in my life I've fallen in love and got divorced within the hour! :D

Anyway, thanks *A LOT* for all your replies and words of caution. I'm obviously not purchasing this instrument.

But it was fun having a PRS guitar (in my head) even for just half an hour.

Thanks again!

Best regards.
André

P.S.: I will be playing the lottery this week. So hopefully I'll be back to this forum really soon...

Based on you budget you still could find a SE/or core line to give that love too.

Back