Can I upgrade my PRS SE Custom 24's "85/15s" to the "85/15" or TCI pickups

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hydeinthesky, Aug 12, 2020.

1. hydeinthesky

hydeinthesky New Member

Hi Everyone

I was just thinking can I upgrade my PRS SE Custom 24 pickups from 85/15s to 85/15 or TCI?? If yes where I can buy one?

I really love my PRS SE Custom 24 Burled Ash Top (2019) and I'm not thinking of letting it go and want to keep it for the rest of my life, I really love the feel, the sound and the design specially the design of the Burled Ash Top which is for me unique than other models that I see in the internet. I know someday that I might buy a CE24 or a Silversky, but I'm not thinking to let go this guitar, but I know that I might upgrade it and one of it is the pickups, I know that there are other options for the upgrade but I want to stay on the PRS pickups, that's why I want to know if it can be replace by "85/15" or "TCI", If yes where I can buy one?

I'm living in the Philippines and If it will be shipped to me, that's fine, but I want a legit one.

Thanks everyone and regards

#1 hydeinthesky, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  2. 93studiolite

93studiolite New Member

If you can find some, I don’t see why not. You may need to perform other mods to get the TCI pups to work to their full potential. I have my S2 at my local shop having 57/08’s installed instead of the import Vintage/HFS set. I got my 57/08’s off Reverb.

dogrocketp likes this.
  3. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

You'd have to buy them second hand as PRS does not sell either of those separately. The 85/15 come up for sale every once in a while. I'd be surprised to see any of the TCI pickups on the market.

4. Eddie kim

Eddie kim New Member

You have to remember that 85/15 is very expensive in the used market. You can try reverb or eBay.

dogrocketp likes this.