CAD Paisley Case Amp?

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
Ya know what would be really cool? If I sent Doug Sewell my extra Paisley case and had him convert it into something like this.

250px-Guitar_inside_amp-in-case.JPG

That brings back memories.
Growing up I use to read my dad 's Heathkit catalogs long before I got my first guitar.

We use to see guitars with a case that was also an amp.
This was late 60s.

Sears used to offer a guitar and amp/case combination back in the 50s and 60s. Lots of folks had them, and you can still find them around. I remember them well.

They had a sound a lot like a bad table radio, and were utterly useless in a band context. They used car radio speakers. Awfulness in a suitcase. Acoustic guitars were a much better alternative.

Great idea if you want some kind of curio, I suppose, but not something worth investing heavily in.

Last edited:
They had a sound a lot like a bad table radio, and were utterly useless in a band context. They used car radio speakers. Awfulness in a suitcase.
Now I MUST have one! Sent an email to Mr. Sewell.

Fellow forum member Russ has a few. I thought his sounded great for "bedroom" use.

There are 2 models of these amp/guitar combos.
This one is the lesser of the 2.... 1 PU guitar instead of the 2 PU.
This amp has an input and vol. control. The better outfit amp has a tone control, and trem ( speed/intensity).
It's a cool LITTLE amp that compares to a champ, harmony, supro, etc student amp.
Open and close the case for a free effect!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;52245 said:
Ya know what would be really cool? If I sent Doug Sewell my extra Paisley case and had him convert it into something like this.

250px-Guitar_inside_amp-in-case.JPG

I have a buddy of mine that has had one these since we were in high school that he bought at a yard sale and I'm still trying to talk him out of it :creep:

Back