But I Did Just Buy This...

CantankerousCarl

Occasionally Onery Member
SE%20EG%20SSS_zps7zwgyemy.jpg

2003 SE EG SSS Trem - Metallic Red, "Candy"

Long story short, I have been through numerous SE EGs over the past few years. I get a few, then I ache for a "real" strat, then I get rid of them, and I get a "real" strat, and stratalikes, and then they sit, and I get rid of them for another PRS, and then I miss having a Strat. Sorta.

So this popped up @ Dave's in Wisconsin a few days ago. I'd had SE EG stoptails and trems, in all varieties of color, but I always wanted a red metallic SSS trem. Couldn't believe the price. BOOM!

This is probably the best one I've ever had. I don't think there's a mark on her, and she sounds and feels like I wanted her to. I have some Grover 406Cs incoming, and I will most likely 2000NOS her...very excited.

BONUS - if you've seen Dave's site, he's blowing out some old PRS b-stock hardshell cases. They are the older kind with the round keyhole sliders on both outer locks, but who cares...they kept the SE gig bag and let me have the PRS HSC for 75 bucks!!! Case looks brand new, have no idea why these would be "B" stock, suspect they were just a bunch of older cases that Paul & co had lying around, and Dave said "sure, I'll take 'em."

So, now I have a lovely HSC for Amber (my lovely CE24) and Candy here has a very nice gig bag from the CE.

Now I really have to start saving ;)

The Seegs are great, I have the white/tortoise one. Really dig those stock single coils :)

Very nice Carl, I do not think I have seen one of those.
Are you keeping the stock pups, or changing them?
In the guitar mags I sub too, I think it is Mojotone that has single coils that produce no hum.

You da man Carl! That's a sweet as sweet score!

On another note, where are you? Close enough to drive to Daves?

Nice Carl! I just picked up her sister wearing a blue dress. They aren't twins though, mine's a Stoptail. It's more fun to play than my Strat.
EG_zpsrzjblxf8.jpg

Nice Carl! I just got a white/tortoise one. The pickups seem fine. It gets a new nut on Wednesday, and a TBX tone control in a couple of weeks. I used Hipshot open back locking tuners.

SE%20EG%20SSS_zps7zwgyemy.jpg

2003 SE EG SSS Trem - Metallic Red, "Candy"

Long story short, I have been through numerous SE EGs over the past few years. I get a few, then I ache for a "real" strat, then I get rid of them, and I get a "real" strat, and stratalikes, and then they sit, and I get rid of them for another PRS, and then I miss having a Strat. Sorta.

So this popped up @ Dave's in Wisconsin a few days ago. I'd had SE EG stoptails and trems, in all varieties of color, but I always wanted a red metallic SSS trem. Couldn't believe the price. BOOM!

This is probably the best one I've ever had. I don't think there's a mark on her, and she sounds and feels like I wanted her to. I have some Grover 406Cs incoming, and I will most likely 2000NOS her...very excited.

BONUS - if you've seen Dave's site, he's blowing out some old PRS b-stock hardshell cases. They are the older kind with the round keyhole sliders on both outer locks, but who cares...they kept the SE gig bag and let me have the PRS HSC for 75 bucks!!! Case looks brand new, have no idea why these would be "B" stock, suspect they were just a bunch of older cases that Paul & co had lying around, and Dave said "sure, I'll take 'em."

So, now I have a lovely HSC for Amber (my lovely CE24) and Candy here has a very nice gig bag from the CE.

Now I really have to start saving ;)
Well Ill just go ahead and call DIBS right now for when you decide you want to get rid of it for a "real" strat again.

That looks great.
I pretty much do the same re "Strats". At the moment, I am selling a pair of G&L Legacys and a Hamer Daytona, all of which are (arguably) a refinement of the original. But I have the 513, so I consider myself fully equipped.

I had a blue SSS. Upgraded tuners and electronics. Put in Duckbuckers - not for me. Put in Texas Specials - much better!!!!

The issue for me was not the guitar its just that i am such a humbucker guy I had a hard time making the single coils work. A big issue is I was using Amp distortion and the Singe Coils do better with an overdrive unit (TS or the like).

Nice score Carl! She looks gorgeous! I've never played one though my brother in law has one, Mby it's time to pay him a visit.
"Play the snot out of her" :p

Nice EG's fellas! Wish they still made them.

Buddy of mine has a tobacco burst EG HSS w/trem that he picked up secondhand, previous owner had put a USA logo on the headstock and it looks like a million bucks. The humbucker sounds FAT, the singles are a bit dull IMO. But I think with the right pickup swap on the single coils, it would slay. Great guitars.

Back