Bridge pickup for Singlecut?

It never gets talked about, but have you looked into the PRS \m/ Metal bridge pickup? Don't let the name turn you off. I bought a set on a whim for my SE Custom 24 that I keep tuned in flat and HOLY SCHNIKES the pickup is amazing! It's a very articulate pickup with lots of clarity as well.

It never gets talked about, but have you looked into the PRS \m/ Metal bridge pickup? Don't let the name turn you off. I bought a set on a whim for my SE Custom 24 that I keep tuned in flat and HOLY SCHNIKES the pickup is amazing! It's a very articulate pickup with lots of clarity as well.
Absolutely correct! Definitely not a one trick pony

Of course man! How are things going in the tone quest?
Going well.
I'm really liking the Aldrich in my SC.
I was thinking of buying another for my SC250.
The El Diablo is tempting too. I love fat pickups.

Do you guys know bridge pickup spacing? 53mm?

I appreciate all the help you guys have me. I settled on the Aldrich and have kept it in place!

To be honest, now I'm thinking about replacing the bridge SC250 pickup in my SC250 with an alnico magnet pickup like the Rio Grande BBQ, Suhr Aldrich, another Suhr, or some other brand that has an alnico IV or V magnet.

I appreciate all the help you guys have me. I settled on the Aldrich and have kept it in place!

To be honest, now I'm thinking about replacing the bridge SC250 pickup in my SC250 with an alnico magnet pickup like the Rio Grande BBQ, Suhr Aldrich, another Suhr, or some other brand that has an alnico IV or V magnet.
love a BBQ!!!!!!!!

Hey guys,

Changing topics...
I like the SC250 bridge pickup in my SC250. I would love to see if I could find a pickup that is similar but maybe softer on the highs and for forgiving. This one can be pretty articulate and tight. I like a little more chew.
Softer on the highs? A Dragon 2….. the BK Abraxas are popular on this forum as well..

My '06 Singlecut was a little bright and thin in the bridge position so I went with a deeper and darker Dimarzio Tone Zone and it kicked ass.

Softer on the highs? A Dragon 2….. the BK Abraxas are popular on this forum as well..
I like the Dragon II. I had one in a Custom II and it reminds me of my Dragon 1 a bit.

Assuming it would be good fit for my Singlecut. Otherwise I just really dial back the presence and treble when using this guitar. Then I have to increase them when I use my 01 SC.
Part of that could be the solid vs weight relieved imapact.

It had the stock SC250 bridge pickups and I used to use a Wolfetone Timbrewolf which is Alnico V and I loved it in an old LP.
I am tempted to give that a go, or the BBQ or Dragon II.
I believe I tried the BBQ in this SC250 a while back and went back to the SC250 as it seemed thicker and bigger sounding. The Timbrewolf is like that as well, but it's an Alnico V.

My '06 Singlecut was a little bright and thin in the bridge position so I went with a deeper and darker Dimarzio Tone Zone and it kicked ass.
I like the Tone Zone.

My' 01 SC has a Suhr Aldrich while my '08 SC250 has the stock pickups.

I'll probably do a Timbrewolf, DII, maybe a different Suhr or give the BBQ another try.

Depends how my ears are the day I install the pickup. Weird how are ears and rigs can change daily.

I installed the BBQ into my LP and loved it, having replaced the Aldrich.
Then one day I reinstalled the Aldrich and preferred it. Go figure.

Back