Brent Mason model question.

Fro

New guy here. Does PRS have owners manuals for there different guitar models? I looked on their site and couldn't find any. I have a Brent Mason model on order and was curious if any current owners can tell me if one comes in the case with it.

I think they should come with a case, unless you buy used, the dealer will probably show in the descriptions whether the guitar comes with a case. Even the SEs come with a nice gigbag.

edit: found this on the PRS 2013 catalogue

It comes with a hardshell case, unless stated by the dealer, which in this case it's probably a used guitar.

Last edited:
I think Fro was asking if there was any kind of "User Manual" included in the case candy. Which for my Paul's Guitar and 408MT, there were "general user manual" which cover many models but not the actual model that I have :laugh:

Yes, I was asking about the user manual and case candy. I have the sunburst model ordered.
On a different note, I was reading past threads and saw that there were custom PRS forum truss rod covers made. If they are still available where would I find one for purchase?

I don't recall having a specific BM user manual but it's pretty self explanatory. Pretty much the same controls as the 408 except having the middle pickup and a 5 way vs 3 way. If you've ever played a strat you should be able to handle it.

An owner's manual comes with the Brent Mason, but unless they've updated it since I got mine at the end of May '13, there's nothing in it regarding the Brent Mason guitar specifically (or Paul's Guitar either, for that matter). As yankeebulldog states, it's pretty self-explanatory. The 5-way is set up just like a Strat, and the two mini-toggles are coil splitters for the neck and bridge humbuckers. If you're used to normal coil splitters, you might have to use a bit more treble than usual to tell what mode you're in, as the tone changes but the volume doesn't. I found that I had to use a lower-capacitance cord (generally a good idea in any case) to really bring out the different tones.

This'll be my first PRS and I'm looking forward to it. I've always been a Strat man and this model is really what I've wanted in a guitar.

Back