Breakfast after gig

11top

Cousin Eddie's cousin
So last night, we played to a nice crowd at our local musician's venue. Markie and Doc even showed up and took to the stage for "No Matter What" and "All Right Now." It was a fun evening, except...............

...........do any of you guys go to breakfast after the gig? My bandmates talked me into that last night, and I finally hit my pillow at 4:30am. Of course my wife woke up and this morning it was like, "Really, Steve?" Anyway, I think if The Walking Dead were casting this morning, I could get a zombie part.

Man, I'm too old for this.........................Aw what the heck, my old man used to say, "You can sleep when you're dead."
:lol:

Once in awhile, depends on how long of a drive we have. It is nice for that post show unwind. I may have heard that response before as well. It's better to throw out a warning - either before the show, or shoot a text/call to let her know. I honestly don't see much difference between 2:30 and 4:30, but you know....women :roll:

Absolutely - the post-gig diner experience is best, although I usually still get a Cheeseburger :lol:

I've been invited to breakfast after a gig but I've always turned it down because I don't want to hear my wife saying, "Really Rik, Really!" Then she'll probably want me to go cut the grass.... :roll:

I was in my late 20's-early 30's last time I giged late, but I needed go to do something afterward--most preferably going home with a "fan." Unfortunately, most of the time I wound up with friends and bandmates at a greasy spoon. Otherwise, would find myself wide awake in bed hungry with that constant ringing in my head.

tdarian said:
I was rude and forgot to ask how breakfast was, exactly. How late is beer served in IN?

Bar closed at 3am, then pancakes, eggs, hash browns, bacon..............mirrors hate me.

Funny thing was.........we walked into the breakfast eatery, which was four miles from the bar, and there were +/- 20 people there from our crowd. :eek:

11top said:
tdarian said:
I was rude and forgot to ask how breakfast was, exactly. How late is beer served in IN?

Bar closed at 3am, then pancakes, eggs, hash browns, bacon..............mirrors hate me.

Funny thing was.........we walked into the breakfast eatery, which was four miles from the bar, and there were +/- 20 people there from our crowd. :eek:
They were following your tour bus, Steve. groupies will do anything to get in your spandex.

With my band we usually eat together after the gig... gives us a good chance to go over stuff quickly and just bask in the post-gig afterglow... :D

Hans said:
11top said:
tdarian said:

They were following your tour bus, Steve. groupies will do anything to get in your spandex.

That would scar for life and cause blindness.

Back