Brazilian Rosewood Mccarty (limited run of 250) PICS PLEASE !!

Here's another picture
prsmccartybraz057.jpg

I'm a little surprised by how many (at least the ones accounted for) that are Dark Cherry Sunburst.

Oh, you guys are killing me with this thread!!!! :p I really want to get a PRS with a rosewood neck. That is my ultimate guitar purchase goal!

FYI, there was also a run of 500 Brazilian McCarty guitars made around 2003-2004 featuring a BRW fretboard and a solid East India Rosewood neck. Same signed covers #/500 and Paul's signature. My Brazilian McCarty is from that 1 of 500 series. I love mine!

Not all of that run of 500 McCarty models had IRW necks. Most were mahogany necks with Braz fretboards and headstock overlays. There were also 500 each of the Custom 22 and Custom 24. All 1500 had "Brazilian Limited" inlaid on the headstock.

Not all of that run of 500 McCarty models had IRW necks. Most were mahogany necks with Braz fretboards and headstock overlays. There were also 500 each of the Custom 22 and Custom 24. All 1500 had "Brazilian Limited" inlaid on the headstock.
Oh, I did not know that. Then I suppose I got a good one!

5bst.jpg

xesj.jpg

This is a cool thread.

Here are two of the girls #7 and #20.
Both stock guitars. Very different sounding guitars.

Sorry I didn't have time to shine then up.

#7 is my #1 and will soon be sporting 57/08 pups, anodized bridge and mixed hardware.
Unless I can find some DGT pups.....LOL.

TheGirls_zpsc97bd3dc.jpg

TheGirls2_zps8cba6759.jpg

TheGirls3_zpsd04e4665.jpg

Last edited:

DSC_0074_zps90160fb6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Here's mine, #70 When I first saw this thread and looked at #2 I thought I was looking at mine. Pretty dang similar.
DSC_0071_zps53d9a8e7.jpg
DSC_0073_zpsd397ffdf.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,everybody. It's your 'host' Peter here. I'm back and by the looks of it this thread is in need of some serious revival ! Let's get started right away :

- A while ago I did kind of let go of my initial quest to find all 250 Brazzies because I figured we'd never get there. This thread got off to a quick start but faded out soon after that.
That is until now : a renewed interest in the model from yours truly combined with the discovery of quite a few 'new' Brazzies (which I'll post over the next few days) et voilà...we're back !!

- A confession : despite my fondness of this particular guitar I do not own one myself and I'd like to change that :) There are a few I particularly like (mentioned hereafter) so I'm calling all owners of these guitars to please let me know
if they fancy selling it to me :

#2 (as seen on page 1 of this thread)
#208 (page 1 on this thread) my favorite !!
# ? as seen on page 2 (the cherry sunburst owned by Nick)
#70 (as seen on page 3 of this thread)

Let's get started...and it's #78 !

250-78%201_zpsfs93kyic.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

250-78%202_zps0ddibjyb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Although I usually have quite a few pics of each instrument in my collection from now on I'm only gonna post a couple of them unless it's an exceptional instrument for some reason.

Also, for some of the new discoveries I found only what turned out be small or low res pics on the internet but for completeness sake I'll be posting them anyway (owners who recognize their instrument are welcome to provide us with better quality eye candy of their respective puppies :)

Let's get started...and it's #78 !

250-78%201_zpsfs93kyic.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

250-78%202_zps0ddibjyb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Although I usually have quite a few pics of each instrument in my collection from now on I'm only gonna post a couple of them unless it's an exceptional instrument for some reason.

Also, for some of the new discoveries I found only what turned out be small or low res pics on the internet but for completeness sake I'll be posting them anyway (owners who recognize their instrument are welcome to provide us with better quality eye candy of their respective puppies :)

I love the teardrop burst finishes. Nice pickup.

And yes, people...moving along nicely with this next batch !

#172 :

#121 :

#92 :

#245 (bling bling!):

#119 (reminds me of race cars this one :)) :

Next up we have a real beauty...

It's #170 and this instrument somehow has that aged/old look which you don't see very often on PRS guitars.
Speaking of which,I wonder how long it will take Paul Reed Smith before they start adding 'relic'-instruments to their line ?

Another looker (no # to be found)...

On page 1 of this thread I already posted a few Brazzies I found on this Asian webshop called 'Bottoms up guitars' and this is also one of them and there are even more on the way as we speak....

Sometimes I get the feeling these Japanese folks are running off with some of the best looking instruments ever made (just check their site!).
I wonder why that is ? Used to bug me when buying 'regular' cd's from my favorite bands only to find out later there's an overpriced Japanese version for sale with 3 bonus tracks :)

Back