Bought some DGT pickups off of Craigslist, looking for some info

JStor

Howdy! I recently got some DGT pups off of Craigslist to throw into a Blacktop HH Strat in hopes to have a backup to my gold top DGT.

I found a wiring schematic else where and have a couple questions:

A) Does this look correct in the schematic?

B) Can anyone tell me more of the year wound with the serials on the back?
Cheers!

That is the correct wiring diagram. That is for the newer DGT. I only know that because mine is a 2011 and it has different value resistors in the circuit.

I am betting those pickups are pretty old. I have a spare set and those as well as the ones in my DGT have the black and gold stickers on them that say they are DGT bass and treble. I have seen some of the real early ones with the white stickers like those on them.

Funny enough the guy I bought them from put some 70s DiMarzios in the DGT and sold it to someone under that condition. Customer just left the pickups with this guy until he resold them to me.

Always makes me laugh that the sticker says not to throw into a wheelie bin, like anyone is going to throw away PRS pickups.
They get all used up after a few years, the tone doesn't just last forever!

I just wish PRS would sell tone replacements so we could refill them, taking them to the hazardous waste center when they are empty is always such a hassle.

Back