Bought a Custom 24 SE from GC

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 I got the joke too, always assumed it was a pisstake on the forum default "super moderator" thing?

DING, DING, DING, Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!!!

When the forum first opened, our title was indeed, "Super Moderator". Hans made a joke about it, so I "one upped" him by changing mine to "Super Duper..."

I never realized I never changed it...

Jamie

I'm not bringing up old threads. I am responding to THIS one.

"Trouble starts when someone thinks the only acceptable opinion is one that coinsides with their own."

No one said any such thing. The trouble began when the insults started. The OP asked for suggestions and comments. He received them. I don't see him complaining of the comments.suggestions.

You 'inferred" that a comment was made about you. YOU took it personally, and reacted. Sorry, but that is your issue. Not the OP's and not the point of this thread.

An official response from the company was given. If that satisfies you, fine. If not, there is noting anyone can do about that.
I responded to the original posters request for comments/suggestions. Since I have actual experience in getting the gig bag issue satisfactorily resolved I shared my experience. Nothing more or less. I didn't intend to make any additional comments. There was a negative comment made using my reply as a basis. I didn't infer anything. This was nothing more than another belligerent comment by the same heavy-handed admin telling me for the umpteenth time I was wrong. This is the only forum I have been involved in where the moderators seem to think it is their mission to challenge and quell any opinion or action that does not agree with their own. When confronted with what other members see as belligerent or otherwise insulting behavior on their part, their response is to blame the person who finds their behavior insulting. Of course, I am sure my opinion on this subject is also flawed...

So any reply disagreeing with you is now deemed to be "negative", or a "challenge". Sorry, but that dog won't hunt...

You don't like Hans. WE GET IT! But to keep bringing it up, every time he posts a dissenting opinion is folly...

This was nothing more than another belligerent comment by the same heavy-handed admin telling me for the umpteenth time I was wrong.

The only heavy-handedness and belligerence here is the line you're laying down, Chris, and you're laying it on pretty thickly.

Maybe it's not the mods. Consider the possibility that maybe you're actually wrong sometimes like most humans?

Differences of opinion aren't treated heavy handedly here. Never have been.

If they were, I'd have been banned at least 50 times for disagreeing with the mods or whomever else. ;)

Last edited:
Chris, your 'actual experience in getting the gig bag issue satisfactorily resolved' is to make a big stink about not getting something you knew you didn't pay for. Hans is not the only one here who believes brow beating dealers for free stuff just to make you happy and get out of their face is wrong. It is just as wrong to encourage others to use the same tactics. And you didn't just infer it - you actively advocated it.

Last edited:

If they were, I'd have been banned at least 50 times for disagreeing with the mods or whomever else. ;)

I disagree with you Les. I think it's more like 63 times... :eek:

So any reply disagreeing with you is now deemed to be "negative", or a "challenge". Sorry, but that dog won't hunt...

You don't like Hans. WE GET IT! But to keep bringing it up, every time he posts a dissenting opinion is folly...

The only heavy-handedness and belligerence here is the line you're laying down, Chris, and you're laying it on pretty thickly.

Maybe it's not the mods. Consider the possibility that maybe you're actually wrong sometimes like most humans?

Chris, your 'actual experience in getting the gig bag issue satisfactorily resolved' is to make a big stink about not getting something you knew you didn't pay for. Hans is not the only one here who believes brow beating dealers for free stuff just to make you happy and get out of their face is wrong. It is just as wrong to encourage others to use the same tactics. And you didn't just infer it - you actively advocated it.

I stand by my comments. We will have to agree to disagree. Time to move on...

Now...if it looks brand new, I'd go STORMING back in there and say...now WHY would you idiots put the wrong strings on this thing and not set it up? You know...why not just leave it as it was from the factory? I would make them put the proper gauge of strings back on and set it up as well as it was when it left the PRS USA shop. I would ALSO say...no..DEMAND a gigbag be thrown-in at no cost. Partly because they SHOULD come with one. OK..maybe they tell PRS to ship their guitars sans bag to save some money (which makes NO sense unless they were charging the "with bag" prices) but that is ridiculous. Don't the majority of us want/need a case of SOME sort? So I assume most GC PRS SE buyers then turn around and buy a case or bag. Why not just include it at first and charge a little more??? IDK...something just really STINKS about that.
God I'm pissed-OFF

Blaren,

Take a deep breath and relax. Have you ever worked in retail? Or anything that requires customer service? Storming in to a store and screaming at employees will accomplish nothing but tick the salespeople off. And believe it or not, will greatly decrease your chances for actually getting things resolved. GC employees are humans too. They are there to work. If a customer purchases a guitar, restrings it with vastly different strings, its entirely possible that it was returned and simply put back on the floor. Would it be nice for the employee to notice and then change the strings back? Sure. Is he probably being being barraged with three other customers who need help with gear while two customers need them to call a manager to fix something they have a problem with? Very likely. You will be happier in life if you take the persepctive of giving people the benefit of the doubt, because many times, things will not be how your mind may choose to perceive it.

If your unhappy with the guitar, politely bring it back and ask if it can be exchanged for a new one. If you do it politely you will get a new guitar fifty times faster then screaming and kicking your feet like a ten year old. And next time you visit the store, the employees will be more than happy to help you out. The other way of doing things results in everyone wanting to take their break the second you walk in.

You think there's somehow a justification for this "super duper" name calling nonsense?

I've read this thread and the others you linked...blah blah blah

Good grief. Another grown adult offended by my conversation with someone else. Before you jump all over people, you should try reading.
Here, I will help you.

All I did was offer the guy an alternative site where he could discuss the gig bag issue and vent without being persecuted. Just sharing my opinion with HIM shouldn't be cause for others to come at me with guns blazing. That only proves my point, dissenting opinions are trampled with haste and vitriol.

I should have PM'd him, my mistake. Apologies to all who were offended by my post.

That is terse? Dude, you obviously don't know me. That ain't even close to terse. But please, feel free to mock me and the playful moniker I use as a joke.

I don't hold grudges. I have no idea who you are, and no idea no idea what you were talking about until I went back and read that other thread.

It seems the same cannot be said for you. Feel free to be insulted, it was not my intent, and I refuse held responsible for your feelings.

The very fact that this thread stands and that your posts remain (unedited by us) is testament to the fact that your opinion is flawed...

Once again, stay if you wish, leave if you must. Reasonable complaints about PRS will never be silenced, nor deleted. But bashing of the company (and more importantly), the members here (including the mod staff, as we too are members), will not.

Jamie

This is so over the top I don't even know where to begin. I never bashed PRS as a company or bashed any indivdual members here. I pointed out an observation--an opinion, and offered him an alternative. Please don't make it out to be more than that.

Care to point out where that happened in this thread?

Sigh...

I'm sure that won't satisfy you, but there it is.
As I told Les, I was just giving the guy another place to vent about the gig bag where he wouldn't feel like people were hating on him. Now that so many grown adults were offended by that, better judgement would have been to PM. It is however, ridiculous that you translated my post into "bashing PRS as a company," and essentially accused me of such. It's ok though, I don't get angry over stuff like this and I hope you don't either. It's not worth it.

Update:

I am just too busy to go to GC right now but having that beautiful guitar just sitting there is more than I can take so last night I changed the strings counting on GC liberal return policy to keep me safe.
The strings were most defiantly not 9s more like 11s the 9s i put on fit nicely in the nut slots with really low action, I had to lossen the claw screws by about 4 full turns to float the system at the specked 1/16 of an inch.

After letting it sit over night the Low E and A strings still buzz, the E from the 5[SUP]th[/SUP] fret to about the 10[SUP]th[/SUP].The neck appears to be dead straight so later today I will loosen the truss rod an 1/8 of a turn. I also see that the Low E saddle is all the way down(something that would never work with a Strat) if after the truss rod adjustment I still get buzzing I will raise it slightly. I suspect that adjusting the truss rod will fix the buzzing of the A string.

Thanks for the well wishes of my Dad, having your parents age is no fun try to appreciate them while you have them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back