Blast From The Past

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
I've fallen way behind on some of my magazines, especially Acoustic Guitar and Vintage Guitar. In fact, I let my AG subscription expire a couple years ago. But other stuff took priority, and those two fell behind. Well, fell behind the worst - I'm way behind on a lot of stuff. But I decided I was going to make an effort to catch up on some of these this year, so I set a goal - one VG per week. I'm not reading cover-to-cover like I used to, and I'm not bothering with the guitar listings because there's no way they have the same inventory they had five years ago, so...

None of that is important - it's just background to lead into this.

The first one of the year - the very first one I read in this campaign - was July 2009. Nothing all that noteworthy about the issue. Until I got to the page in the back where readers can send in pics of their guitars. The first picture on that page, I looked at and said, "Damn, that looks like something Chris Tugwell would have put together."

Good reason for that. It was Chris's collection.

So, knowing how some folks here felt about Chris, it's been on my list to scan and post the pic.

VG200907-CT.jpg

Last edited:
Nice group of guitars ! Amazing how close the color is from guitar to guitar. You would think there would be more variation in
the different years.

Chris was one of a kind. He could be pretty opinionated at times. When I first saw that pic in VG, I immediately knew who owned that collection.

:beer: Chris (from Memfus)

Back