Best Hard Case for Zach Myers

Jomolungma

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I did a search and couldn't really find an answer. I just ordered a ZM from Sweetwater and I'm trying to figure out the best hard case for it. I get conflicting info from the PRS website and online retailers as to whether it would fit in this or that case. Anyone solved this riddle? Thanks!

Jomo

I could not get my Zachary Myers or SE Tremonti Custom to lay flat in the PRS hard cases.
I went with SKBs PRS case.
This case fits both singlecut and double cut PRS guitars.
I have the two above mentioned guitars in them along with my 408 and my S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow.
They are worth the money, and they have wheels so you can pull it behind you like luggage.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005T23AMO/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1465857757&sr=1&keywords=Skb+PRS

Best case I have ever owned, that is why I have four of them now.

10.jpg

I wonder if that will fit my 7-strings -- how wide is it at the upper and lower bouts?

The neck angle of the SE is quite different from the core models, which is why PRS does not sell hard cases for them. I have my SE Navarro in a core case, and it is OK, but the neck does not sit in the neck rest properly.

The neck angle of the SE is quite different from the core models, which is why PRS does not sell hard cases for them. I have my SE Navarro in a core case, and it is OK, but the neck does not sit in the neck rest properly.

If the tip of the headstock is in contact with the back of the case and the neck at the nut is not touching the rest, you are in danger of a fracture using that case...

I don't believe that the headstock touches the back of the case. More likely the neck sits against the lid. Thanks for the warning though.

Mostly it is in my guitar stand, not a case.

And I don't recommend this case option. However, it's difficult to find a case that was made for PRS that will fit the SE properly. Sweetwater recommended a gator case.

I think that case is an accident waiting to happen. In this case (see what I did there? ), you might ironically get better neck protection from a gig bag.

Thanks all for the input. Seems like there might be no perfect option. Might have to try that SKB and return it if no good. I don't necessarily need a hard case - I'm not taking this thing anywhere - but with a curious six-year-old running around the house I was thinking of giving it a little more protection.

I modified the interior of a Gator GPE-LPS-TSA case for a perfect fit. It didn't fit perfect as new though fyi. I always wondered if the PRS singlecut hollowbody case would fit.......Just so happens the Fed Ex man brought me that guitar today in it's case so I tried my Zach Myers in it. It was almost a perfect fit. A lot closer than the Gator started out. If I had to do it again and I wanted to spend the extra coin, I would definitely use the PRS case. The PRS case just needs a little smoosh down on the inner neck cradle and it would be perfect. The gator needed all kinds of foam smooshed and a pad for the bottom end of the guitar to prop it up.

Yes, all of my SEs, Core, and S2 fit the SKB case like a glove.
Guitars lay nice and flat.
They are spendy, but you could also use one as a raft if you had too :D

Back